17 - Falling in Love will Kill You

Chapter Seventeen

Gerard's P.O.V

After sitting there, staring into her eyes, I realised how deeply in love we were already. I didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing. I couldn't help the way I feel. I can't.

"Stop playing with your food, Gerard Way!"

I cleared my throat and looked down at my lap, breaking eye contact. He's right. I can't be falling in love with her. A human. It's against the rules.

I can't lure her in more. I have to stop her from falling in love with me. It can get me killed. It can get the both of us killed.

"What's the matter?" she asked. Lie. I had to and It's all I pretty much did all day. Fake a smile and lie. I smiled faintly at her and replied with "Nothing".

She bit her lip, looking cute and confused. Just confused not cute!

"Spit it out, Gee" She said with all seriousness. She sensed there was something I was hiding from her. I swallowed hard and didn't look up at her.

"Adelaide, if I had something to tell you.. I would have said it by now, don't force me to tell you everything I think of" I said harshly to her. I know I'm going to regret this. I just hope I dont hurt her as much as I imagine it will.

Her eyes widened a little, shocked at my reply as she backed away. She stood up from my lap and looked out of her front window. I looked down at the floor.

"I think you need to go home, Gerard, I have school tomorrow and my dad will be coming home soon" she said quickly. Great, now she doesn't want to be around me. I was going to regret this. I took a deep breath and stood up.

The last thing I said before scurrying out was "I'll leave you be then, princess" I said the words coldly and slammed the door on my way out. My blood was boiling. I know it was sudden to be acting so harsh. I couldn't risk it all. I can't fight for her anymore because I know mama's boy would win.

Besides, my mom, Donna, was the vampire queen. She was the cruelest of them all. And what I did so far was completely reckless. But I didn't care. I cared about Adelaide. I still do deep down inside. All I kept thinking was you're gonna regret it, asshole.

Adelaide's P.O.V

That night I had trouble sleeping. I tossed and turned for what seemed like hours and hours. I was really tired and currently trying everything in my power not to fall asleep during class.

I was sitting in sixth period, tuning out the teacher's voice. It was so boring! Tom, the boy I had bumped into yesterday (more like him bumping into me.. literally!) was in this class with me.

He sat two seats down from me, and in the corner of my eye, I'd catch him looking at me. He was tapping his pencil on the desk and sitting back, not giving a care in the world.

The teacher had told him more than three times to 'Please stop tapping your pencil on the desk' and of course, Tom would act innocent and say quietly "Sorry, Miss, it won't happen again" but as soon as she'd look away, he wore a big smirk on his face, continuing to tap.

When the bell rang and I stood up to leave the class room but felt someone tap my shoulder. "Hey! Uh girl I bumped into" he said awkwardly. I turned around to face Tom.

We both began to walk out of the classroom together. "What do you want?" I asked with a blank face, carrying my books with one hand. "You never told me your name" He simply grinned and shoved his fists in his pockets.

"It's Adelaide" I replied, reaching my locker and turning the combination. "Thats a pretty rad name, never heard of it before" He leaned against the locker beside mine. I nodded. He shoved a small piece of paper into my sweater pocket and waved as he spotted his two friends.

"Catch ya later, Adelaide" He shot me a toothy grin and ran off to catch up with his group. I pulled the piece of paper out of my pocket and read it. It was his phone number. Did he really just do that? I thought to myself.

I shoved it back into my pocket and closed my locker, heading off to my Algebra class. I admit, I was kinda stoaked about this. Maybe this could be a good opportunity to give Gerard some space.

I wrote this chapter during school uh oh xD Last day of school tomorrow for me~! :D Bye guys -Gxx