9 - Safe?

Chapter nine

I walked inside of my house, letting myself in. To my surprise, my dad was sitting on the chair in the living room, his arms folded across his chest. He looked mopey and irritated. He looked up from the Tv to look at me. "Who's house did you stay over last night?" He questioned. Oh shit, what if he really didn't believe me? I bit my lip, thinking of a quick lie to tell. "I uh stayed over Kasey's house last night, I ran into her while I was walking from the cemetaries. I also kinda fell asleep up there earlier yesterday, sorry for the late text" I said and looked at the ground, feeling nervous. I hated lying to him, but I had to or he'd think I'm psycho and brazen. I felt his cold stare on me. He eventually nodded, believing my lie.

"Alright, hope you had a great time" he grinned and turned his attention back to the television. I nodded and smiled back. I was eighteen now, and I wasn't completely out of his hair yet, so it was still his responsibility to worry about me and make sure I'm safe.

I headed upstairs, glad that it was Friday. Although I got an early start to my weekend, I was still relieved. I was now safe at home. My head still ached from last night as I continued to deal with the consequences. When I got to my room I quickly changed into shorts and a baggy band t-shirt. I combed the knots out of my hair and then I snuggled up in my bed and sighed. I was comfortable and it was the best time to kinda catch up on sleep.

I woke up to my Dad knocking on my door. "Are you decent, girl?" He asked. "Yeah dad, just sleeping, you know.." I groaned groggily. He opened the door, letting himself in my room. "Alright, sorry" he said apologetically. "Me and your stepmom are gonna head out for the night, we're going out to eat at a restaurant and then to see a movie, stay here and we'll see you later on tonight" I looked up at him, still half a sleep and nodded as I pulled the covers over my head. "Great.." I mumbled sarcastically to myslef after he shut my bedroom door. "Hope you two don't come back.." I said, hoping he'd hear me. It pissed me off because every weekend they went somewhere and left me at home. They never bothered bringing me with them somewhere or making plans that involved me. I don't bother them really. I just crave for the father-daughter friendship that we used to have. We talked about this a couple years back but all he did was continue to push me aside. Well I hope they have a hell of a time..

I sat up in bed and looked at my clock. I must have been asleep for a while, because it was going on six thirty already.

I jumped up at the sound of my phone going off. I picked up my phone to look at the ID. It was Gerard. Wait. Gerard? I don't recall getting his number off of him.. I thought. He must have snuck it in there when he texted my dad last night. I quickly answered my phone. "Hello?"

"Meet me out in your backyard" He hissed and quickly hung up on me.

He sounded pissed off. I obeyed his command and grabbed a coat that was lying on my chair as I ran out to meet him.