10 - I'll Never Let Them Hurt You..

Chapter Ten

I ran out to my backyard, running into the woods as I saw Gerard. He turned around quickly, looking behind him, then started running towards me.

I slowed to a stop. He had a couple minor cuts on his face, blood dripping down his lips and his eyes looked dark and thirsty. He looked nothing like the Gerard I knew. He looked terrifying. My eyes widened a little. "What's going-" "C'mon, is your father home?" He quetioned, grabbing my wrist firmly and leading me into my house quickly. "No, but what's going-" "Hurry, get the hell inside and I'll explain it to you" he interrupted for the second time.

When we had gotten inside he slammed the door shut and locked it. He started to pace back and forth as he furrowed his brows, looking like he was trying really hard to think of way to explain something. "Gerard, what the fuck is going on? Tell me" I demanded, eager for an answer.

He looked up at me, giving me a cold and icy stare. "They're back and they're coming after us, you have to fight with me, Addie" he managed to get the words out calmly. I guess it didnt take long for them to plot their revenge. "Dude, I'm like bait to them, I'll get myself killed-" "Addie, you said you've been in a couple fights before, do not be scared to help defend youself" He rushed out the words, like he was in a hurry. I gnawed on the inside of my lip, feeling nevous. Is this really worth it? I thought to myself. "Adelaide, please.. I can't do this on my own.. I'll never let them hurt you, I promise.." he pleaded and spoke softly. I saw the pain and seriousness in his eyes. I looked deeply into them. I gathered up the courage and nodded, accepting to help him fight against the psychotic vampires.

I ran upstairs to my room quickly, slipping into a pair of leggings and black boots. I didn't bother changing my shirt or bringing my coat. I ran back downstairs to Gerard. "Where do we meet them so we can end this already" I asked calmly. You mean end your life you idiot? I thought. I shook away the bad thoughts, only focused on this stupid battle.

He grasped my wrist and lead me back outside. "Same place where all the exciting shit happens" he smirked slightly but it faded quickly. He too, knew it wasn't really time for his teasing and pestering. We walked up to the cemeteries through the woods. It was kind of a short cut.

I could feel my heart pound against my chest, feeling nervous. Although this might be risky, it may also be fun, 'cause I can take all of my anger out on these bastards.

Gerard looked at me from the corner of his eye. He must have noticed how much of a mess I really was. So many thoughts were running through my head. "I have a plan don't worry, It'll be fine.." He said with a reassuring smile as he slid his hand down from my wrist to my hand. He held it and gave it a squeeze. I looked up at him, feeling myself blush. And I didn't dare to hide it from him this time.