3

Keith's POV

The last syringe is injected. A scream escapes my lips as whatever liquid is inside travels through my blood stream, burning the entire way through. Something that looks similar to a price scanner is pressed against my arm. It administers an acute pain that only spreads throughout my body. I bite my bottom lip to keep from screaming out again. My attention is drawn to the now throbbing scars and scabs. The scabs from yesterday and the day before have reopened.

Haggar picks up the scalpel and slides it over my my cheek. This part isn't that bad. I've gotten used to the tiny cuts and scratches she makes on my face, arms, and legs. She lifts up the ripped shirt I've been wearing the entirety of the time I've been here. The scalpel cuts from the bottom of the gap between my collar bones to just above my belly button. I bite my lip once again. She moves it back to my arm.

A loud thud sounds against the door. Haggar gets distracted and lets the scalpel slide down my arm, cutting until it gets to the back of my hand. I let out a loud scream. She turns back to me after ordering the guards to deal with whatever caused the thud. I look down at my arm. It's red and irritated. It's surprising that's the only physical proof of the machine being used on me. I check my other arm. Blood. So much blood. My attention is drawn to the door after another thud sounds against it.

Another thud. Followed by another.

And another.

And another.

Until, finally, the door is kicked open. In comes Lance. Haggar drops the machine as Lance runs in, Shiro at his back for defense. Lance's eyes brighten. "Keith!" Haggar tries to hit him with her magic but he dodges, firing his bayard along the way. Shiro barricades the door and helps Lance with Haggar. While she's preoccupied by Shiro, Lance runs over to me and undoes the straps. He catches me and helps me balance. My knees are shaking and I can still feel the scars and scabs throbbing.

"You think you can get out of here after I get Keith out, Shiro?"

"Yeah I think I can manage. I'll be out right after you."

"Okay."

Lance bends his knees. "Get on my back. It'll be easier this way." I nod and jump up.

He runs out, dodging every attack, asking me if I'm okay every so often, and sometimes firing his bayard. I glance back to see Shiro not too far behind. I look forward.

I start getting dizzy, throwing my perception off. It's hard to describe how it's different. Everything just looks off.

"Lance. Lance I think I'm gonna pass out soon."

"No, no you'll be fine. I'll put Blue on autopilot and I'll fix you up. Just don't focus on it."

"That's terrible advice Lance. Plus you still have to fight. You can't put her on autopilot." A wave of nausea takes me over. "H-hurry up, though."

Lance actually listens and starts picking up speed. Soon enough, we're outside of Blue.

Another, stronger wave of nausea hits. I shudder. Lance runs inside and rests me against the back of the seat before taking off. A cold spell washes over me but it doesn't leave. I start to shiver. My eyes begin to involuntarily close but I force them open. This happens a few more times until we're at the castle. My eyes close again. When I open them I'm being pushed into a healing pod. My eyes close and they don't reopen this time.

Lance's POV

I'm putting Keith in the healing pod when he opens his eyes. We lock eye contact but Keith looks a bit out of it. The pod closes and his eyes flutter shut in a way that isn't threatening his life this time. Shiro rushes in, shortly followed by Pidge and Hunk. Allura runs in with Coran a few minutes later.

"He's back," Allura says in shock.

"I didn't think we'd be able to get him back. I thought he was gone. I thought he died but he didn't! He's here! That means there's still hope for my brother and father!" Pidge rambles.

Hunk has tears in his eyes. "Welcome back pal," he mumbles.

Shiro looks at the pod dumbfounded. Coran looks on with a smile.

"Welcome back Keith," I say. "I missed you," I whisper.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Feel free to point out any typos and mistakes as I am not very good at finding them myself. Peace?