18

Keith's POV

I wipe at the tears in my eyes, desperate to not seem weak. I can't help it. They've taken everything. It's all fuzzy. I have no recollection of my teammates anymore, I can't remember anything about my dad, dammit I don't even know why I'm here in the first place! On top of all of this, the sounds keep getting louder and they refuse to decrease in volume. I grab fists of my hair and pull, giving up entirely on trying to hold back my flow of emotions.

My grip loosens. There's footsteps approaching. I drop my hands and go back to wiping my eyes. I glare when I see who's at the door.

Lotor.

This man has been visiting me everyday since the day I've been captured. Two weeks spent in a cell, being tortured, and this guy trying to talk to me.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite little prisoner," he says with a devilish smirk. I just wanna slap that smirk right off his face.

"Fuck off. Or," I squint my eyes trying to remember. "Quiznack off."

"I see you've gotten worse. Soon enough you'll be reverted to nothing but a blank canvas."

"Go away. I know my fate, I don't need you mocking me over it."

"I'm not mocking you. I'm expressing how torn I am over this. You're one of my own, you don't deserve this."

"Fuck off with your mind games. We're nothing alike," I turn away. He bangs his fist against the door and I flinch as the sound ricochets off the walls.

"I'm trying to help!"

"How are you helping me while letting me forget everything I know!"

"Just listen!"

I shut up and let him talk, determined not to let his words get to me. He gets closer to the door and motions for me to do the same. I obey, albeit reluctantly. "I want to break you out," he whispers. My eyes widen. It takes me a moment to wrap my head around his words.

"What?"

"I want to take you back to Voltron...on one condition."

I lean away, trying to be subtle. "What's the condition?"

"I come with you, you convince your teammates to let me stay."

"How am I gonna do that when I have no idea who my teammates even are? It's not like I can use anything against them or appeal to them using something they like."

"Try to think. Go to the back of your mind. What's one of their names?"

I squint my eyes. Names, names, names. "Sh-sho- no. P-...L-Lo-Lance? Yeah. Yeah, Lance!"

Lotor shushes me. "Don't get too loud," he says in a rushed whisper. "Tell me something about Lance, I'll tell you my plan after."

I start to ramble about the kind of person I think Lance is. Arrogant. Flirty. Tall. Thin. Yeah. That's him. I need more. Self absorbed. Kinda pretty. Yeah.

Lance.

Lance's POV

"WE'RE ACTUALLY GOING TO DIE. HUNK, IF I DIE, MAKE SURE YOU FIND KEITH AND TELL HIM I'M STILL BETTER THAN HIM!" I yell over to Hunk.

"LANCE, WE'RE LITERALLY TRAINING, WE WON'T DIE!" Hunk yells back at me.

"BESIDES, YOU'RE BARELY EVEN ON THE SAME LEVEL AS KEITH, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING BETTER!" Pidge chimes in, slicing a dummy with her tiny bayard. That thing is so cute. It's like a little baby bayard.

"Lance, focus!" Shiro commands.

"Fine, I get it. My finesse isn't wanted here."

A/N

The Lance part was just to make me laugh. Okay. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. As with any chapter, feel free to point out mistakes.