9

Keith's POV

Lance is trying to comfort me. This is odd. He hates me. He even had this rivalry made up in his head. Well, I kind of partake in the 'rivalry' too but that's beside the point. This comforting isn't like him at all. He's sarcastic and flirty, not caring.

I run a hand through my hair and clasp it with my other hand before resting them in my lap. I mindlessly scratch at my hand while Coran puts my blood into this machine that's supposed to dissect it. I shudder at the thought.

My eyes begin to wander around the room, making random observations where they're not really needed.

"Keith?" I'm broken out of my thoughts by Coran. "Can you lay on this table so I can do the body scan?"

"Oh, sure," I hop off the table I'm sitting on and climb onto the other table. I close my eyes and let him do the scan.

I squeeze my eyes tighter as the light approaches my face. "You can get up now," Coran says. I nod and sit up to hop off the table.

While Coran explains what he's going to do I subconsciously reach over to scratch my arm. I glance to my left at Lance only to see him staring at the arm I'm scratching. I glance at my arm and gasp, instantly growing scared and confused. My face must be more pale than usual because Lance is looking at me like I might faint.

I stay silent. There's nothing I can say to properly portray how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking.

"Keith...did you-"

I cut Lance off, "No of course I didn't know this would happen. Would I be this shocked if I did?" It's a rhetorical question. Clearly.

"Calm down. Do you think this has anything to do wi-"

"Shut up about them. They have nothing to do with me." I pick up my jacket and put it on. "Where's my other glove?"

Lance meekly points to the table. I catch sight of the glove and put it on. This should be enough coverage to get through the halls and to my room. I dash out of the room and through the halls.

I run to my room and open the door before running in and flopping onto the bed, not bothering to close the door. I lie there for a solid five minutes before getting up and shutting the door, just so I can scream and no one can hear me.

Most of the screaming is profanities and obscenities. Sometimes I'd go away from the profanities and just groan as loud as I can.

When all my anger is let out, I crawl onto my bed.

What's happening? What did those fucking Galra do to me?

Lance's POV

Keith left. He just...left. He got all cold and angry and left. What the hell?

I turn to Coran. He's staring at a machine, focused. I shouldn't disturb him. I walk out shortly after Keith. Maybe Hunk would want to hang out?

Yeah.

Hanging out with Hunk sounds good. Yeah.

A/N

Yo, make sure to point out any errors or typos or anything. Peace out dudes.