11

Lance's POV

Coran rushes up beside me. We both stare with wide eyes before Coran snaps out of it. He runs out of the room. Where is he going?

I run out to follow him. He leads me to the control room. He makes an announcement over the intercom. "Keith is missing, keep a lookout for him on the ship. He's not doing well according to the state he was in when I last saw him." He turns to me. "Go look around the ship. If you find him, bring him back."

I nod and start running. If I were an emo mullet-head where would I be? The training deck. He spends all of his time there, why would now be any different?

After a bit of running I approach the doors to the training deck and run in as they open. "Keith?" No response. I say a little louder, "Keith!" I walk to the middle of the room and take a quick glance around the room. A huddled figure is in the corner with their head in their knees and back toward me. "Keith is that you? What am I saying, of course it's you. You're the only one who wears all black besides Shiro, plus Shiro is a lot bigger than you," I ramble.

"Lance, shut up," a quiet voice says. "Go away. I'll be out later."

"Why are you hiding?"

"Just leave, Lance!"

"No," I put my foot down. "What's wrong. Coran wants to check up on you."

"Tell him I'll be out soon." God why is he so stubborn. I walk up to Keith and grab his arm. He rips his arm out of my grip, his movements harsh and quick. "I said no!"

I take a step back. Fine. If he's going to be like that, then let him. "I'll be back later," I mumble as I walk towards the door. The doors open and close. I wait for a minute before I start walking.

Keith's POV

The doors open and close. I'm alone.

I start to panic. Not because I'm alone, but because now I have time to think. I have time to think about how the team is going to react when they see me. I have time to think about reasons this is happening. I have time to think about how I can cover this up. I can cover this up. All I need is some makeup. I'm sure I could ask Lance for that. But how will I ask him while I look like this?

A pair of arms wraps around me and pulls me up and away from my thoughts. My heart rate picks up in fear. I start thrashing around in the person's arms. "Let go! Let go of me!" Tears stream down my face. "Let go!"

"Shhhh, it's just me buddy. It's Lance."

I calm down and relax only to tense up again. As soon as my feet touch against the floor I push Lance away and keep my head down.

"Keith, come on. We just wanna make sure you're okay."

"I told you I'm fine," I mumble.

Lance's tone turns more light-hearted. "Quit being emo and come on. Your angst has no place here. Now onward!" He finishes by pointing his finger in the air and turning on his heel. Why is he so extra?

"I'd rather stay he-"

"Nope! You're coming with me," he says while grabbing my wrist. He drags me out of the training deck and into the medical bay. "I brought the mullet!"

"Oh, great! Keith, where did you go?" That's Coran. I try to turn and run but Lance keeps his grip on my wrist firm.

"I...I was on the training deck."

"Well then, take a seat here. What happened?"

"Nothing, I'm completely fine," I say while starting to walk away, still keeping my head down. "I don't really see the need-"

Lance grabs my wrist again and pushes me onto the table. "He collapsed. Simple as that," he explains.

"Keith, I need you to look up for me."

"No, nothing's wrong. I don't see why you guys are making such a big deal out of this," I mumble, crossing my arms.

"Look up," Lance commands. I sigh before pushing some hair in my face and looking up. Lance reaches up and pats the hair away.

His eyes widen at the streak of purple going across my face and over my eye. I glance towards Coran. He's staring in shock as well.

"There, can I go now?" I mumble, wanting to get out of this situation as soon as possible.

"I'd like to get another sample of your blood," Coran ponders out loud. "Would that be okay?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, sure."

Coran readies the needle and I close my eyes, trying my best not to tense up. I feel the pinch of the needle and start to tear up. Coran takes it out and I instantly relax.

"Hey, I was wondering how the hunt for Keith was goi- oh you found him," Pidge says as they walk in. "What's going on in here?"

I put my head down. "Just, checking in. Making sure I'm okay, I guess," I say. I glance up with my eyes and see Pidge checking out my exposed arm. Where's my jacket?

Pidge walks to where Coran is examining my blood. That's so weird. They're bent over a table, examining my blood. It's weird to think about.

I fiddle around with my fingers. My gaze wanders to the hand taken over by purple. I groan and flop back on the table.

"Keith," Lance says. I ignore him. "Keith," he says with more force. I still ignore him. "Keith!"

"What the f-quiznak do you want?" I shout.

"Calm down. Look, I know you're kinda...dealing, er, coping? Okay, I know you're kinda coping with this, but can you maybe try to open up so we know what's going on with you?"

"Yeah sure. Whatever."

"Keith-"

"Don't fucking say my name like that! It's like you're pitying me! I don't want your quiznacking pity."

"Fine...fine," Lance walks out of the room.

Shit.