27

Keith's POV

The bandages on my tail are itchy. Coran offered to put me in the healing pod but I declined. There's ice under the bandages on the parts where it swelled up but that doesn't make it any less uncomfortable. Lance and I are walking down the corridors with a very small distance separating us. Every so often I'll grab my tail before wincing. How is it getting worse?

"Lance..." I mumble. He lets out a hum signifying that he's listening. "Do the others hate me? Do you hate me?"

"No! Why would you think that?"

"I just...I look like the enemy. I am the enemy."

He stops and grabs my shoulders. "You aren't the enemy. Everyone knows what you're like, they don't expect you to change because of this."

"I...never mind. Let's go." I smile at him, dropping what I was going to say.

"Are you sure? We could wait if you want. You don't have to see everyone right now if you don't want to."

He's rambling and blushing. Cute.

Before I can stop myself I lean up a bit and kiss his cheek. I back away when I gain some kind of self-control. Lance is silent. "I'm sorry...I didn't- I don't know what I was thinking and it doesn't mean anything, I swear," I start rambling. Lance just stares at me. "-and...I'm sorry."

It's silent for a moment.

"...Keith?"

"Y-yeah?"

"Let's go eat." He walks towards the dining room before I can reply. I walk behind him.

Lance's POV

'It's doesn't mean anything.'

Doesn't mean anything? What if I want it to mean something. Is he just toying with my emotions? I'm the emotional one, of course he is! He's Keith! The hot headed Galra bastard! He can go get stuck in a weblem for all I care! I won't miss him.

How could he do that? He fucking kisses me and says there's nothing to it? Granted, it was on the cheek and that doesn't usually mean anything, but still! He saw how o acted and he was toying with me!

My thoughts are brought to a screeching halt. "Lance...I'm sorry," said Galra bastard says. How many times is he going to apologize? Probably until I forgive him...nope, not happening.

"Okay." Short and snippy. Got it. I love being petty.

The rest of the walk is silent and filled with sexual tension. God, I wish my heart would stop crushing on him so I can go back to normal.

We walk to the table and I watch as Keith fidgets with his tail, trying to find a way to sit with it. Eventually he puts it on his lap and plays with it where it's not hurt.

He's nervous. He's nervous and I want to help.

Okay, I'll just comfort him and then I'll go back to being mad at him. No one else is in here yet, we got here early. I have time.

"No one will hurt you for this. You'll be fine."

"Yeah...but what if they laugh. Hunk will probably go on with his whole kitten thing. It's embarrassing."

I hold back a laugh as I think about how much Keith does look like a kitten.

"If he says anything I'll glare at him so he stops."

"Okay, yeah. This is fine," I can tell he's trying to make himself believe it. Pidge walks in and takes their seat.

"Hey Lance. Keith." They look at Keith's face and grows confused. They turn to me. "Is something up with him?"

I look at Keith and nudge him. He looks at me and I nod, giving him a smile.

"I uh- well...something happened. Don't laugh!"

Pidge looks even more confused. "Why would I laugh?"

"It's weird- just! Don't laugh." He stands up and walks to Pidge, tail behind his right leg. He grabs on to it with a gentle touch (it's still injured so he obviously has to be careful with it) and pulls it in front of him. Pidge's eyes light up.

"You were one of the Galra who's build was designed for agility!"

Keith seems taken aback. "What?"

"There's different subspecies of Galra! I've been trying to find out which one you are but I never found anything that matched. I thought it was because you're a half Galra but that's not the case anymore! You could do so many things that humans and the majority of Galra can't!"

"Is that good?"

"Of course it is! After we're done eating we have to see what you can do!" Pidge seems to finally notice the bandage. "What happened to your tail?"

Wait. I'm supposed to be mad aren't I?