Dreams (Jason and Whizzer)

"Do you have any dreams Whizzer? For the future I mean." I ask fiddling with my sleeve. Whizzer looks at me for a moment his lips opening as if his about to speak, then they swiftly close. He instead stretches and begins to think.
"I don't know Jason. I think that my dream in life is to meet someone and be content." I look at him a bit confused.
"Like my dad?" Whizzer nods slightly.
"Yes like your dad. Do you have dreams Jason?"I think for a while before answering.
"I want to grow up and make my dad proud. Show him that I can live on my own and that I'm okay." Whizzer smiles.
"That's a lovely dream Jason. I'm sure that you'll grow up to be someone great." The sincerity in his voice makes me smile. I hug him quickly and he hugs me back. "And I'll help you kid. I have your back no matter what, your father and I both do. As well as your mother and Mendel. We all love you so much."
"Thanks so much Whizzer." He looked at me and I looked at his eyes. They were so soft and comforting but I could tell something laid beyond that. He wanted to say something else, perhaps the dream he hadn't said earlier. "Hey Whizzer? What were you going to say? When I first asked you, you were going to say something." He looks away for a moment thinking again.
"I was going to say that...I think my dream is that someday your mother will forgive me fully for what I've done. That one day I'll snap out of it and stop being a bad person. Which I am Jason, I'm really not a great person. And every time I look at you I just think to myself 'God what does this kid see in me'." He pauses his face dropping, sadness springs into his eyes. I hug him tighter.
"You're not a bad person Whizzer. I think that you were just lost for a bit, everyone gets lost. I'm sure that before you are old your dream will be fulfilled." Whizzer nodded and smiled a bit.
"Thank you Jason."
"No problem Whizzer."