Birthday

Trina walked though the door way holding a cake. The entire house was brimming with energy. Everyone was moving quickly and frantically trying to get the house ready for Mendel's birthday. Whizzer was of course in charge of the decorating, Trina was cooking dinner and making the cake, Marvin was doing whatever Marvin does, and Jason was making sure Mendel did not come home early. Mendel (who knew that something was up), was out with Jason. Jason talked on and on about chess and how they should go camping again sometime. Jason was trying his best to keep Mendel busy but his shyness was making it difficult. After an hour and a half of painfully bad stalling Jason couldn't come up with anything else to do. Mendel and him headed home.

Whizzer who was in the middle of hanging up the last of the balloons saw the car first. "Mendel's here!" He exclaimed pulling the front curtains shut.
"Alright it's go time everyone! Get in your places!" Trina hit the lights and everyone hid in their spots behind the couch or in the hallway. The door opened slowly as Jason walked in first and cleared his throat as Mendel walked in.
"Jason what-?" He was cut off by Trina flipping the lights on as everyone jumped out.
"Surprise!" They all yelled in unison. Mendel looked around genuine surprise on his face. He was expecting a surprise but not all of this. He looked over the decorations and finally settled on Trina with a huge smile on his face.
"You guys got me." He have Trina a hug and planted a kiss on her lips. Everyone clapped.
"Hey save some for me!" Cordelia said followed by her famous laugh. Trina laughed as well. Marvin walked over to Jason and ruffled up his hair.
"You did good kid. I'm proud of you." Jason smiled at him.
"We really surprised him didn't we dad?" Marvin nodded and Mendel looked over at them.
"This was all your idea wasn't it Jason?" He nodded.
"Well not the whole thing. It was also Mom's idea. She made a cake!" The rest of the day and into the night is spent celebrating. Jason listened to everything that Mendel had to say. He looked around at everyone and was thankful to have a new family that loved him. Even though it was a rough start he was so happy that things turned out like they did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a 3rd person perspective for writing practice purposes. Sorry if it sucks! Also sorry for the long break school is starting soon and I had to get some things in order for that! I hope you guys have a good night!~ Lizzy ❤️