Late Again (Whizzer and Trina)

My packed bag was resting on the bed. A sigh escaped my throat as I looked at the clock. I could hear Marvin and Whizzer arguing in the other room. I was glad it was him not me, Marvin could be very mean sometimes. A door opened and slammed then another. I walked into the hallway a minute or two later. Whizzer was crying in the living room, the front door was opened a tad.
"Did he storm off?" I ask startling Whizzer. He nods wiping his eyes quickly trying to hide the face that he'd been crying.
"I was late again." He shakes his head anger stinging his words. "I hate it when he gets like that. He blames everything on you." He paused looking away.
"You weren't married to him for over 10 years." I laugh a little it's bitter. "I'm leaving with Jason, we can't stay here any longer." Whizzer opened his mouth to speak but the word died on his lips. "We're moving in with Mendel for the time being." I look away from him. "I'm going before he gets back." With that I got into Jason's room and tell him to grab his suitcase. Whizzer stands and I hear him leave and go out front. Quickly I grab my suitcase and walk out with Jason. Marvin looks me over.
"Where are you going?" I look at him a dry laugh bubbling in my throat.
"Well you don't need us anymore you have Whizzer. Don't ever forget Marvin I'm not the one who destroyed this family." Tears sprang into my eyes and I grabbed Jason's hand for support as we walked down the front steps and down the sidewalk. I don't look back when I hear Marvin call for us. I keep walking until we find a pay phone and call Mendel.
——————————————————
"You knew about this didn't you Whizzer!" Marvin's eyes are wide with rage, his temper was spiking again.
"No I didn't-" I start only for him to cut me off.
"Don't start explaining I'm sick you of you explaining!" He screams at me. I put my hand on his shoulder only for him to push me away. "You told her to leave didn't you Whizzer? You couldn't stand someone else being in the way." I scoff at him and roll my eyes.
"Is that how you see it Marvin! Oh of course I'm just your little jealous 'friend' who hates everyone! I happen to like Trina!"
"Well she sure as shit doesn't like you Whizzer!" I feel rage fill my head.
"Doesn't like me! At least I didn't cheat on her!" I feel the sting on cheek before I see his hand even move. My head flings to the left and I look at Marvin who has a mix of shock and anger on his face. Tears fill my eyes and I stare at him. Marvin's expression instantly drops and he goes to hug me.
"Whizzer I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry..." I hug him back and rest my head on his shoulder.
"Marvin if you ever hit me again I'm leaving you. I don't care if you're sorry Marvin I..." I start crying the sentence breaking off into sobs. I hear I'm sorry ring in my ears over and over Marvin is crying too now.
"I won't ever hit you again. Oh god Whizzer..." we stayed like that for a while, embracing each other apologizes filling the air, and the threat laying over us. Finally we go to bed and I think about Trina, keeping this moment and the slap in the back of my mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow this got way darker than I anticipated, but some of the songs in Falsettos hit at Marvin being verbally abusive so I could see this happening. Either that or I'm just really extra. I hope you like the chapter the next part will be happy I promise!!! ~Hugs and Kisses Lizzy!