30|I'm Sorry

Virat's POV

The press conference was live and we all were watching it. I didn't knew what Anu was gonna do. I understand that her movie is gonna release in few  days and suddenly declaring our relationship will not only affect her movie but will also affect me as I'm not in a good form, but right now that picture had created so much news already.

All answers were good and positive, and honestly I felt a little jealous when I saw them smiling at each other, Varun putting his arm around her, she resting her head on his shoulder and wait...Did he just kiss her on the cheek! How dare he!

"Ohho Virat jiju toh yahi par gusse se laal ho rahe he!" Ritika commented and everyone laughed, leaving me on my seat slamming my forehead with my hand. They'll never leave a chance!

The reporter asked the question which I knew would be asked sooner or later,"Are you dating Virat Kohli?"

She took some time before she answered,"No! I'm not dating him!"

I could feel anger rise inside me. I got up from them and left with everyone's worried eyes on me.

________

Anushka's POV

Varun gave me an unsure look and everyone in front of me were looking like I just said I'm dead but still talking, in short they didn't believe me.

I took a few more deep breathes before continuing,"Because I'm in love with him! Yes, you heard right! We are not just dating each other but we are in love, like really in love. And if someone wants to judge our relationship then I'm sorry we don't give any damn about it! The photo is obviously not real, it is photoshop. And even if it was real then why do you care? Are you my mom, dad or bhai? Best friend? No one right! So all I would like to say is that stop talking shit about us, and instead start giving time to people who actually care about you. I and Virat never wanted to stay personal about our relationship but we wanted to declare it when the right time would come, but I guess there is no patience in us Indians, right?"

The aww moment turned serious and finally everyone laughed at the last part. Soon the conference got over and I switched off my phone because I knew it must be blasting with notifications right now.

__________

Virat's POV

After I left from there in anger I called a cab and asked him to drive until I tell him to stop. He agreed to it when he realized that I was really The Virat Kohli! In the cab after writing and rewriting the tweet several times I finally clicked on OK.

This was gonna create lots of news but I had to do it, if not today then someday, then why not today! Mahi bhai was calling me because they knew I could deny anyone's call except his, they're very smart I tell you!

I picked it up and all he said was,"Watch the whole conference before doing anything!"

I was confused but still opened the link sent by Harry. I skipped the starting part which gave me lots of jealous vibes. I played it from where I had stopped watching earlier. I played and replayed her answer again and again.

She did it! She didn't deny it! She wasn't ashamed of me, our relationship and us! I was such a fool to act impatiently. Guilt took over me and tears rose in my eyes. I knew I had done wrong, I had hurted her, which is the last thing I would want to do to her!

I quickly deleted the tweet but I knew she was gonna come to know about it soon because nothing goes unnoticed by these people out there. I wonder what consequences will it lead to.... because I can afford anything except losing my girl, my love, my Anu!