32|I Still Love Him

Unedited

*********

Anushka's POV

Being someone's first love is great, but being their last is beyond perfect. That's what the case is between bhai and Sakshi. Sakshi is not his first love, Priyanka was. But, Sakshi is his last love and this is something I'm most sure about. I know when bhai says he promises to love Sakshi forever he really means it.

An Indian wedding means not only a forever relationship between the bride and groom but a forever relationship between both the families. The family, relatives and friends are more excited about the marriage than the bride and groom can ever be.

And my bhai being Mahendra Singh Dhoni reveals everything suddenly, just like he announced about the marriage with Sakshi in a week. I would not be surprised if someday he suddenly announces that he no more wants to be a captain. Ever since my mom hear those words "I and Sakshi both have decided that we are gonna get married in one week" she has began doing the marriage preparations.

"Mom relax! Everything will be done on time! Take a break, I'll check the guest list!" I tell my mom who is sweating even when the AC is on.

She sits on the couch, resting her head on her hands. She said,"How can Mahi do this? Atleast he should have told about it before 1 or 2 months! But why huh? You both brother-sister never care about us! You'll don't even think about us! We're not important to you'll right? I know y-"

I handed her a glass of water and she stopped blabbering. She drank it and patted the seat next to her on the couch, motioning me to sit beside her. I sat beside her and she smiled at me. Surprised but still I managed to smile back at her. She said,"I'm happy that you found love in the form of Virat! He's a nice guy and I hope it is real?"

I nodded and said,"Yes ma it's real!"

____________

I was on the sets to shoot my cameo in breakup song of Ae Dil He Mushkil starring Ranbir and Anushka. I had signed this way back when Virat and Anushka were going strong. But now with them having broke up and me dating Virat, I knew things were gonna get awkward.

Ranbir came and hugged me tightly. He said,"Why? Why do you do this to me every time? Why are you so beautiful?" I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm. Soon Anushka came and hugged me and as she came Ranbir left from there, leaving us alone. I looked everywhere except at her. She said nervously,"Hey!"

"Hi!" is all I managed to say. I looked at her and saw that she struggling in finding something to talk about so I myself asked,"How have you been?"

She smiled sadly and said,"Yeah, I'm fine! What about you?"

Before I could answer she herself said,"Oh you must have been amazing since you're with Virat now so.."

"Yeah! It's been great!" I told her and she sort of rolled her eyes.

It was getting too awkward for me to handle so I decided to clear everything,"Look whatever happened or happens between you, me and Virat you'll still be my good friend like before. I don't expect you to feel the same way and I understand if you don't but all I want to say is that it just happened, it was not purposely or intentionally, it just kind of happened!"

She nodded her head and said,"Yeah I know you would never do anything like that to me or anyone else! I trust you because you're my friend. And like you said whatever happens we'll still be close friends!"