What Am I To You

Jin pov

Up.

Down.

Up.

My arms shake and my breath is heavy, but I ignore the burn and continue. My nose is dripping sweat onto the floor as I push myself up. I count between each push up, distracting myself from the sting of rejection. It's been years since someone has rejected me and the feeling is just as painful. I'd rather my arms get numb than accept that Namjoon ripped my heart out in two seconds flat. If he didn't love me why has he been meddling in my business-

Stop thinking about it...just do your push ups Jin.

"67." I grit out.

...But, it doesn't add up.

My arms give out right when a knock sounds on my door. My brain kicks into overdrive as I get off the floor and straighten out my shirt. Is it Namjoon? Did he come back to apologize? I rush to the mirror in the bathroom and fix my hair when the visitor starts knocking again. "Coming!" I run towards the door and stop to compose myself. I put my hand around the knob and open the door and all the electricity dies instantly at the sight of Daehyun. "So now you know where I live."

"I asked around... Can I come in?"

I step to the side and open the door wider. "I guess."

"Thanks." He walks right passed me, but looks around the room unsure whether to stand or sit. He probably doesn't know where to sit. 

"Stay standing. I don't expect this to take long." I instruct as I cross my arms and stand across from him as the door shuts. "If you're here, you must have told Youngjae." Surprisingly, he lowers his head and that's all the answer I need. "If he was okay with what you did I would be more surprised."

"He said he needed time to think about us." His eyes glaze over. "I know what I let Suyeol do was sick. It was beyond sick and I deserve the worst, but...that doesn't mean I should actually get stuck with all this blame. I have tried so hard for the past 4 years to be a better person. I know you weren't there for those years, but you have to believe me. I have changed since then." 

I sigh, "I know you have..." A sliver of hope crosses his features. "Daehyun, you are different and I want to let go of all this hate, but...do you realize that he could have killed me that day and you just watched?"

He gulps to stall for the right words, "Yes and I regretted it that same day. I cried myself to sleep that night. I never got to say I'm sorry before you left for summer vacation and then you were off to college." 

I close my eyes, a migraine coming.

Scrapping noises shred through my ears and make my teeth chatter. That's when I notice the tightness in my jaw. I make an attempt to crack my jaw, but my lips are pressed together and the feeling off warm duck tape is pressed to my mouth. My chest rises and falls as I start to come to my senses. My hands are tied together and my feet are left immobile as I try to walk, but my throat closes up at the sudden jolt back. That's when I finally put the pieces together. The rough noose tied around my neck has me standing up straight, but I still don't know where I am. My vision has been taken by the blind fold around my eyes.

My head snaps to the side again from the scrapping noise. It's like someone's running something along a pipe. "Are you comfortable?" 

I know that voice.

Suyeol?

All my questions are muffled by the tape and that's when my nerves spike even more. This day has taken a dangerous turn. My parents are waiting for me...I told them I was going to the bathroom. We have a dinner reservation in a few hours...has it been hours already? Are they looking for me?