Karaoke Times 100

Namjoon pov

The lights bounce around the walls and off the table, but all I can really focus on is Jin's arm brushing up against me from the close proximity we are sitting in. It got warm fast, so everyone pretty much took their jackets off and got more comfortable. Well, we ordered soju too but Junkgook was the only one that couldn't have any to his dismay.

I saw how he eyed our glasses closely, but he's still in high school and has a late birthday apparently so there's nothing we can do about that. He seemed to take over the karaoke machine though, showing off his amazing skills and pulling Taehyung to sing with him. I always knew that Taehyung could sing, but its been a while since I heard his voice and it has matured a lot with puberty and all. 

A grin plays on my lips when I see the way Jungkook turns slightly in Taehyung's direction when they sing a duet with each other to BigBang's song If You. Jungkook seems to be fixated on Tae and doesn't even try to hide that his full attention is on him instead of entertaining his audience. Well, that is until our door opens again and a man with brown hair that's about 175 centimeters makes himself known. He has to be about Taehyung's age with his soft features and round face. 

My face twist in confusion when Taehyung stops singing and rushes to him with so much thrill, I can feel the sting when Jungkook drops his microphone to his side. "You came!" Tae cheers and the man seems to clam up with nerves.

"Yeah, I decided to come after all..." Taehyung drags him to the front and directs all our eyes on him.

"This is my best friend from high school, Park Jimin!" Taehyung introduces and I wave my hand at him in greeting. Jimin bows his head politely, but when he lifts it back up he pauses for a second and I follow his line of sight. Yoongi and him share equally surprised looks and that's when it finally clicks. He's that Jimin! Oh this is too good! Yoongi is practically salivating as he stares at Jimin, making him shrink back. "You can sit next to me...if you don't mind Jin."

At the mention of Jin, my eyes snap to him and I notice how he seems to be in his own world as he stares at Jimin with hesitancy. My face twist with confusion when Jimin gives Jin a suspicious look as well. What is up with everyone seeming so high strung? "Yeah, that's fine," Jin finally says and everything goes back to normal. If You finishes playing in the background and Jungkook quietly takes his seat on the edge, squeezing Taehyung and Jimin into Jin, but I don't mind since his body presses against me more.

On the other side of the couch, Momo and Hoseok stand up to sing and grab the microphones before turning on 2ne1 I am the Best. Instead of trying to show off that they can sing, they decide to screech into their mics and have random dance breaks in between making everyone laugh. Even Mr. Straight himself laughs along with their goofiness while taking sips out of his cup. I lick my lips when his adams apple moves slowly and his lips stay wet with liquor. I want to just lean in and taste it, but I can't since I'm sure that will make Jin put me on his do not associate with list again.

We get through a few more songs with Suran dazzling us with her mellow voice and nice range before the pressure is on for new faces to sing. Oh, peer pressure...isn't it lovely? I'm already two glasses through so my brain has gone out the window along with my fucks, so I take the mic like the boss I am and search through the songs. After a moment, I type in B.Jyun Change. It's got a soft R&B beat and a few singing parts, but I flow nice enough on the rap verses. The sound of the bass and the alcohol that is in my system starts to work it's magic as I let myself get fully into the song and act out the lyrics, pointing the mic in everyone's faces to sing along.

I hear cheers and for some reason have to see a certain someone's reaction to my performance. Jin has his arms folded smugly to suppress his reaction, but even he can't stop the smile that plays on his lips before he burst out laughing and cups his hand in front of his mouth. I feel triumphant when the song closes and everyone claps for me before I take my seat again after putting the microphone back.