CHAPTER 22

"So,you are at home,with his dog?" Evan questioned over the phone while Sebastian stored his tea looking over a newspaper."And he sent you a bouquet of flowers? And wants you to meet his parents?"

"Uh-huh," Sebastian said his eyes skimming over the latest news. The bouquet was by the window in a vase and looking as beautiful as ever. It had been a week since Matt asked about his parents meeting him and he hasn't pushed him which he was happy about.

"Again,how haven't you married him?" Sebastian rolled his eyes as he brought his eyes away from the face of a murderer on the lose.

"Again,it is too soon."

"I know,its just.." Evan trailed. "A suggestion."

"Received,honey." Sebastian sassed and sat on the couch,Sally came after him,panting and sat by his feet. "Anyway,how's the whole adoption debacle?" He asked turning the TV on,but keeping it on mute.

There was silence on the line which caused Sebastian to check if he'd hung up.

"It's going...I guess." He sounded sad and defeated.

"He doubt budge?" Sebastian asked biting his lip and running a hand through Sally's fur as he laid her head on his knee.

"He said a month,then he'll have a concrete answer for me. Can you believe that? The nerve." Evan huffed.

"Christopher is a stubborn man,Evan."

"You don't need to tell me twice."

"Give him his time,he'll come a round."

"Yeah,but... I did something." Sebastian looked up and shook his head at Evan's words. He waited as the man exhaled. "I set up a meeting with an adoptive agency."

"Evan," Sebastian's tone was scolding.

"I know,I know,but... I really don't want to waste time. I thought,we could go me the kid and Christopher would just fall in love." Sebastian chuckled.

"Have you seen him?"

"Yeah,he's perfect,Sebastian, big brown eyes and thick curls,he looks like an angel."

"Oh,Evan, you need to be careful,Christopher is not one to anger."

"Oh,God." Sebastian could imagine his brother in-law running his hand over his face in distress. "He'll kill me."

"No he won't. Hell probably just screw you half to death." Sebastian snickered and Evan huffed.

"Not funny."  Evan sighed. "So,did you go see Ms.Berri?"

"Yep."

"And?"

"And what?"

"How did it go,dofus."

"Well,she was worries I was slipping back into depression."

"Because toy didn't go see her in three days."

"Pretty much." Sebastian nodded. "So,should I go? Meet Matt's parents I mean."

"I think it will be good for you." Evan commented and Sebastian could gear him chewing over the phone and scowled.

"You are eating and talking to me,what is wrong with you." Sebastian grumbled.

"Oh,boo-hoo,get over it. Now you should go,this weekend. It'll bring you closer."

"But what if they doesn't like me?" Sebastian let his fear out as he stared into Sally's eyes.

"Sebastian," Evan began slowly, "that is not possible. You are an amazing man and honestly if they see how happy Matt is,they can't not like you."

"You think so?" Sebastian asked whispering.

"I know so." They continued on about what plans they had for the rest of the day which wasn't much before saying goodbye. Sebastian looked at Sally and sighed.

"What do you think,girl? Should I meet your papa's parents?" Sally just stared at him and seeing his face get closer,licked him furiously. Sebastian giggle and pushed her lightly. "I'll take that as a yes then."

They spent the day playing and eating then sleeping. Sebastian sat and watches TV while Sally slept on the floor. He couldn't help check his phone every now and then to see if maybe Matt called or texted.

He frowned as he realised that his life was actually very boring outside of Matt,his brother and Evan. He needed to make more friends,but most importantly, he needed to get back in the office and actually do something in the company he co-owned with his brother because it was ridiculous how much free time he had. Even his brother in-law was working,with children most of the day,teaching then during the day and being at home from 14:40.

Sebastian say up as he decided that he would talk to his brother later about coming back to the office and not just being sent documents every now and then for approval.

Soon though Matt came by with take out,looking tired. Sebastian chuckled when he realised how much they seemed like a family,Matt, Sally and himself. He went over to meet Matt by the door with Sally in tow,he kissed him and took his jacket before they went back to the living room.

"So,how was your day?" Sebastian asked his boyfriend who pulled him into his chest.

"Tedious." He answered." I wanted nothing more than to be with you and Sally all day."

"No you did not," Sebastian scoffed."my day was boring ," Sally huffed, "well,when I wasn't playing with her or on the phone with Evan on his lunch break."

"Still sounds better that what I did." Sebastian rolled his eyes as he pulled on Matt's tie,loosening it so he could take it off.

"Anyway,I decided two things."

"Oh? Care to share?" Matt asked petting Sally.

"One,I am going back to the office and doing more than what I am not," Matt chuckled and kissed his cheeks.

"Good for you babe." Sebastian grinned.

"And two,I'd love to meet your parents." Matt looked at him and slowly a smile worked its way onto his lips.

"Really?"

"Yep,this weekend in fact." Matt tackled him onto the couch and littered kisses all over his face.

"I love you,this is great." Matt sat up and pulled out his phone." I'll call them now!" He said excitedly and bound off into the kitchen,Sally's tail wagging crazily as she followed him leaving Sebastian by himself. He chuckled then and leaned back in his seat.

He watched as celebrity new came on,describing the celeb couples outfits,who they were made by and how regular people could pull it off where and when.

"Great news,babe! We are having a picnic!" Matt said plopping onto Sebastian's lap who groaned. "My mom said can stay at their house all weekend and have a picnic Saturday and go to church on Sunday." Sebastian paused.

"I'm sorry,church?" Matt laughed at the look on Sebastian's face.

"Don't worry,you don't have to go. " Matt assured,"but it isn't bad,nobody will judge us."

Sebastian suddenly recalled the last time he attended church which was with Peter and his cousin. He remembered how Peter had refused to hold his hand and how he had been introduced as a friend. Sebastian frowned.

"So I can't hold your hand and you are going to tell people that I'm just your friend." Sebastian said softly and Matt slipped of his lap and pulled him to him. "No,these people are actually very nice,they don't judge,I grew up with half of them and I know a few there are gay too. It will be fun. I promise."

Oh,promises,such fickle things.