The Phone

(angst, language, mentions of self-harm and suicidal thoughts)

No one knew what was happening with Keith. He just seemed... happy. And for the most emo child out of them all, this was concerning. He's been like this ever since his solo mission.

Everyone had been dropping hints that they were worried, but Keith never caught on. The one thing that everyone had also seen was that Keith was on his phone a lot more than he usually was.

One day during dinner, Keith was on his phone again, smiling like an idiot.

Lance was the one to be the most concerned about Keith. Having a crush on your so-called rival was hard, but even harder when your crush is smiling at their phone. That only meant one of two things.

One, Keith was looking at some funny photos. But everyone thought it was that Keith was texting somebody.

Lance, sitting next to Keith like always, looked over Keith's shoulder. Lance's heart sank to his stomach to see the name 'Silvia' at the top.

Everyone was looking at Lance for an answer when they saw his pupils dilate. Hunk leaned in to ask what Lance saw, but Lance was already going out the door.

Keith, sending another text, looked up to see an empty seat next to him. He heard the door shut and looked around to see that Lance was gone.

Gtg

Once Keith sent the message, he turned to the rest of the team and asked, "Where did Lance go?"

Everyone turned to the red paladin with widened eyes. It was the first time he's spoken in awhile.

"Lance wanted to see who you were texting and after he did... he just left," Pidge said, turning her head to the door again.

Keith turned his dead back to the door again and stood up without a word, going towards the door.

Once the door shut, Keith began to run to Lance's room. His phone went off with another message and Keith pulled out his phone, putting it on silent after reading the message.

Stuffing it back in his pocket, he reached Lance's room. Keith brought a shaking hand to the door and gave three knocks.

Keith heard shuffling from behind the door along with a small "One sec". The door open and Lance was there, eyes red and puffy along with his hair being a mess.

"What do you want?" Lance spat out.

Keith looked at the floor and took a deep breath. Looking up, he gave his phone to Lance.

Lance looked at with confusion before looking up at Keith, who went back to looking at the floor.

Lance unlocked the phone and saw the messages that Keith was sending Silvia. Scrolling through, Lance only half-read. Looking at the middle section with large messages, Lance decided to read some of it.

Silvia-
I just think that if I was gone then everyone could just be happy

Keith-
Silvia, listen to me/ read this more than once, you are more important than any one of those bastards. We both need each other so badly that we shouldn't even be texting, we should be right next to each other. You're so important to me Silvia that it's not even funny.

Silvia-

...Thanks Keith

Keith-

So other than this depressing set back how been thing?

Keith-

Shit, I meant like how you've been doing

Silvia-