Not the Camp for me

(Fluff, little angst, anti LGBTQ+ camp)

Keith stood on the outside of his cabin waiting for the campers to show up. Working at an anti-gay camp is pretty interesting, but what’s more interesting his Keith’s story, which the students will learn soon enough. Another counselor, Lance, was coming up to him, a smile resting on his face and the green counselor shirt tucked into his blue jeans. 

“Hey! Are you ready for this year’s campers?” Lance asked with a wider smile.

The ravenette nodded as a car pulled up. The candy apple red car came up slowly and parked next to Lance’s cabin, who turned around and waved goodbye to Keith, “See ya later!”

Keith walked back into his cabin, looking around to make sure that everything around the cabin was perfect. The ‘get to know you’ sheets that the camp leader had handed to the counselors sat on Keith’s bed, along with all the necessary paperwork that must be filled out in order for the student to stay at the camp. 

He sat on his bed, the papers tilting towards him slightly but not falling out of the pile. Keith moved the papers to his shelf as he thought if he was ready to take care of these children. But as he remembers everything he was here for, he nodded to himself. 

~~~~~~

The group of five students that belong to Keith walked to their cabin, talking to one another and sharing their pronouns. The counselor followed behind them and entered the cabin last. The beds were already set up and picked out, and, unlike other counselors, Keith’s kids had their pride flags hanging up at the head of their bed, all paid for by Keith.

There was a cabin full of males, Caleb, Andy, Mark, Bailey, and Jack(Jessica). 

Caleb was a tall brunette with bright blue eyes and fair skin. The fifteen year old was here for being a homosexual. 

Andy had purple hair, not to his parents liking, blue eyes, and dark skin. The thirteen and a raging bisexual was a short thing, and his parents had dropped him off first. 

Mark was a sixteen year old, polysexual with bright blond hair that came down to his shoulders and dull green eyes. 

Bailey was a complicated mess. They were non-binary and pansexual. They were a medium height with long red hair that was dyed black at the bottom. Their eyes were blue and their skin was pale, plus they were seventeen. 

Jack, or her preferred name Jessica, was a medium height with brown, long hair and fair skin. As you could guess, the true female was a sixteen year old transgendered girl.

“Common, you really think that all this shit’s going to work?” Bailey spoke, already taking charge of the group before them.

The others agreed, and Keith chuckled, “Of course it wont. At least, not if I can help it.”

The children looked to one another for a moment before looking back to see Keith closing the blinds, shutting the windows, and locking the door.

Keith smiled and turned to the kids, “Alright, sit in a circle on the floor, you can get your blankets to sit on or your pillows, or the ground is fine but I’m getting a pillow.”

Everyone was suspicious, but did as they were told, all of them grabbing a blanket but Mark, who grabbed a pillow. The kids sat around as Keith passed out all of the papers. There was a ‘get to know me’ as well as a ‘I promise’ paper.

“Alright, these you have to fill out by tomorrow. It’s dumb, but it's the one thing that I’m making you guys, a gal, do.”

Jessica perked up a bit, the others in slight shock that Keith had called her Jessica.