Chapter 4

As we were done at Starbucks, Lily took me to a hair salon since she had convinced me to do the makeover.
I let her drive as I had to check my phone. I unlocked it and it was 12:04, I went to notifications and found that I had 6 messages from Kaden and 1 from Lily from yesterday.
I opened Lily's first and it said:WHERE THE HELL R U????.
I closed it and opened Kaden's: u didn't come to the party did u. It was sent at 9:00. Seriously, who gets up that early on a Saturday? My best friend is weird that way.
I open his other messages:
Ali call me
Aliiiii call me
Alison Steele call me
Ali where the hell r u
Ali I'm coming to your house
I sighed and texted back:no need to come coz I'm with Lily and won't be able to spend today with you. Sorry. I did cum to the party but did not see u. I love you.😘
I sent it and reread it. Ok, I lied but couldn't exactly tell him that I saw his girlfriend draped all over him which made me sick. After sending it did I realise that I did not love him in a brotherly way anymore. I loved him like a person loves another person of the opposite sex.
I sighed and Lily probably noticed because she she started chattering about some highlights and stuff. I started listening intently to her to get my mind of the freaking mess which is my life.
"-and you can get blondish highlights too." "I think that's good and a little shorter length would be good too."
She nodded," Short but not too short because that's just gonna look weird." "Alright, maybe a few inches with highlights and lowlights with my hair as a natural base." "Excellent," she said enthusiastically.
We pulled up outside the salon and got up. Lily tossed me the keys and I caught them one handed.
We entered and were greeted by a short and petite blond lady.
"Hi!" she said with over enthusiasm. Lily smiled and said," We would like a hair trimming, highlights and lowlights and a full arms and legs wax for 2." She said this all in one breath like she was ordering coffee.
"You're in luck that it's not so full today. Well, come along." "She needs a hair trimming and highlights and lowlights." She proceeded to give instructions while I sank down on the washing chair after a towel was draped over my shoulders.
I closed my eyes, trying to relax as the person with strong and slender fingers, massaged my scalp.
Soon my hair was wrapped in a towel and I was moved to a high chair where another lady literally yanked a comb through my tangled hair. Hey, I have a hangover, do you expect me to get rid of it so easily?
Speaking of my headache I'm feeling slightly better.
******************
After hours of waiting and trying not to cry out in pain, we were finished at the salon.
My arms and legs are now waxed, not that they were hairy or anything. It's just that they are really smooth now. We also ended up getting manis and pedis and also facials.
To say that my hair looks amazing would be an understatement:

I absolutely love it!We decide to head to the mall because she needs to buy her mum a gift for her birthday which is on Monday

We decide to head to the mall because she needs to buy her mum a gift for her birthday which is on Monday.
She is practically my mother too so I buy her two necklaces because she loves them.

Lily buys her mother chocolates with a necklace

Once we were satisfied with our gifts, we went to my house to wrap then and spend some time together since it's always empty

We pull up outside and there I see that Kaden is sitting on his room's windowsill.
When he sees us, he leaps into his room and I know he is probably going to meet us at my doorstep.
We step out and Kaden reaches us just as I unlock the door.
"Where have you been? I was worried and I told you to call me not text and what do you mean that you did not see me at the party, I was standing right there."
I sighed and ignoring his rant, went inside, as I knew he would follow me.
"Alison, are you ignoring me?" "No,I'm not ignoring you, it's just that you were too busy sucking your girl friend's face off to notice that you have a friend who by the way, you invited then forgot all about,"I snapped.
I don't know why I did that but all the frustration I had, I took it out on him.
Damm him for ignoring me like that. Damm him for being so hot and damm him for making me fall for him.
I look at him to see shock written all over his face. I look over at Lily but she's already slipping out of the front door to give us some privacy.
I ran over the words and then only did I realise that what I said sounded like I was really jealous of Britney.
GAWD!!! What did I just do?
I wanted to bawl my eyes out but instead I walked over to my best friend and hugged him hard. His arms went around my waist automatically.
"Alison, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you like that. Really," he said. "No,no, Kade, it's all my fault. I shouldn't have taken out my frustration on you. I'm really sorry. And I just just......"
"Why are you frustrated, Ali?" "It's just that my parents wont let me get my way and I really miss my grandparents and my mum m and I don't wanna call them because I might interrupt my grandparents tour,"I lie right through my teeth.
Kaden nods," Forget them, let's order pizza then we can watch a cheesy, romantic movie. The kind that you like."
I smiled at him. He really is my best friend, he knows just how to cheer me up.
*****************
After eating two boxes of pizza and watching Me Before You, Kaden speaks up," It's Sunday tomorrow. What do you say, me you together tomorrow?"" I would love that," I reply.
He smiles and turns his attention back to the movie. And just like that with my head resting on his arms and with my thoughts swirling with Kaden's green eyes, I drift of to sleep.
Author's Note:
Hi! So did you like the chapter?
If you liked it, don't forget to comment, vote and share.
Love you all.