Taking The Offensive

Eren

I groaned as I woke up to the sun's rays assaulting my vision. School was coming to a close slowly but surely, well high school at least. I never really liked school. It never challenged me. Granted, I didn't take honors, AP, or dual credit courses, but they wouldn't have changed much anyways. I did most of Dustin's homework throughout the years and those classes were nothing special. The only interesting thing that I had experienced was what was going on with L.

Speaking of L, I was still under their surveillance. It's been three days now and no criminals have died. I smirked as I thought back to how long it's been since any criminals had died. It had been a while, starting even before L started watching me. They were probably getting restless, freaking out over Kira's unexpected hiatus. I knew I was. I just didn't show it.

I hadn't watched the news in quite some time, but I had a plan that I had set up for a situation exactly like this one. Although I hated the thought of using this method, I wouldn't hesitate to. I'd do whatever it took to make sure that Kira succeeded.

I stretched before getting up and getting ready for school. I acted as I normally did, finishing with just enough time to make it to first period on time. I drove to the school excitedly, trying my best to calm the tapping of my left thigh going up and down in constant thirty second notes. Today was the day that I'd make my grand reentrance. Today was the day that L would learn that they could never win by treating Kira as some run of the mill criminal. Kira was no criminal, they were a god - a god amongst gods you could say.

I stopped by the locker that no one was assigned that I had hidden a burn phone in. The school never checked the locker because it was assigned to someone named "Light Yagami." The thing was that there was no one in the entire district with that name, but according to the district files that I tampered with, Light was very much so real.

I turned on the phone and held my breath. It was almost dead. I quickly sent out my message and shut the phone off and threw it in my backpack. After I received my reply, I would literally burn my burn phone that was bought in the name "Lawliet".

By my fifth class of the day I felt a faint vibration in my backpack. I opened my phone and looked at the only messages that I had on it, grinning as I saw that my foolproof plan was going to soon be put into action.

Me: Now.

Poseidon: I'm free to do it today, Zeus.

Ares: I have everything set up, so I'm ready when everyone else is.

Hades: I'm ready as well. Poseidon, Ares, do you know if Athena is up for it?

Athena: I'm ready if you all are. Let's make Kronos eat their words. Today will be another victorious battle for Olympus. Zeus will reign supreme!

Ares: Watch the five o'clock news tonight, Zeus. You will most definitely not be disappointed. Don't worry about us getting caught either. We will never lose with these eyes.

I smirked before closing the flip phone before it died. That evening would be the first publicly offensive act against L and the best thing was was that it would only serve to piss them off, confuse them, and force them to come out of the shadows. L couldn't hide forever. Not with Kira there to guide them into the light.

I disposed of the phone on my way home, leaving a little bit early so that I would arrive as per usual. I locked the doors to my car, smiling internally at the beep. I kept my excitement inside as I walked painfully slow up the stairs. When I got to my bedroom door I monotonously opened it and sat at my desk and sighed. I reached into my backpack and pulled out a magazine and started to flip through it. I had around two hours to kill until five so I did whatever it took to entertain myself. I did my homework, watched YouTube, and heated up and ate some tamales that Dustin had left me. I honestly felt very relaxed, like everything was clicking into place. The feeling of euphoria strengthened with each passing minute of the clock.