Klara the Protector

Levi

"I love you too, Dustin. Lots and lots."

I watched the video Eren had sent me feeling mixed emotions. Klara was my friend, and at the end of the day I was happy for her, but with Klara and Dustin official, I knew for definite that she'd side with Kira if they were Eren. Klara wouldn't be able to cope with trying to capture people that close to her.

The thought of losing Klara honestly scared me, but if I tried to force her to stay, I knew she wouldn't be happy. Seeing her so relaxed, with such a carefree smile on her face with Dustin showed me where she should go, but I doubted my ability to allow Klara to side with Kira. I knew that if I truly needed to, I could push aside my emotions and sentence not only Eren and Dustin, but Klara as well, yet I'm sure I'd be hesitant to let L take control, because the more time I spent around that trio, the more Levi screamed to be in constant control. The more Levi screamed to beat L.

But I'm not good enough.

I'm not smart enough.

I'm not strong enough.

I need to be better.

I need to work harder, and faster. I need to be relentless, and ruthless. I need to stop letting my emotions interfere. I need to sentence Kira and any of their accomplices to death.

"But I don't want to."

Harder, stronger, faster, smarter, better, quicker, emotionle-

"Levi, hey!" Klara's voice snapped me out of my daze. I turned to see the brunette enter my room, wearing a large white zip-up hoodie with the word 'Cholo' written across the back. I assumed it was Dustin's without a second thought, changing my features to their usual bored expression.

I sighed, "What is it this time?"

Klara huffed, placing her hands on her hips, "I came to invite you to go to the sports center with Dustin, Eren and me. I'm learning to box, but if you wanna act like such a grouchy old man then you can stay here, all alone."

"Klara, we're supposed to be working on the Anti-Kira case right now."

The female rolled her eyes, "There's such thing as a break, Levi. You've gotta learn to relax once in a while."

"We shouldn't be relaxed. We're supposed to be on edge so we work quicker."

Klara scowled, "Then I guess I'll just go off to the sports center with two guys you don't fully trust, wearing revealing sports clothes because I made a deal so Dustin would teach me how to box."

We had a stare off that lasted a few seconds before I groaned, "I don't see why you can't protect yourself."

The brunette grinned, clapping her hands. "Grab some workout clothes and meet us outside."

As she turned to walk away, a spring in her step, I spoke up. "Klara." The girl stopped, turning to me with a cocked head. "You really like Dustin, huh?"

She nodded firmly, no doubt in her eyes. "You've seen the video, you know how I feel." Klara sent me a bittersweet smile, "I know that one of them, maybe both, could be Kira, but Dustin makes me happy. I don't want to leave his side, Levi, and I refuse to try and hurt either of them. I'll protect them to the end, even if it kills me."

"So what you're saying is-"

"Yeah." She replied, running to hug me tightly. "If there's a chance that Eren or Dustin is Kira, I can't hunt them down with you... I'm so sorry, Levi, I'm pulling out of the Kira case. I don't want to have to suspect my boyfriend, or sentence him if we find anything."