A Sudden Realization

Eren

I poked at my spaghetti, my wrists and ankles burning as I tried my best to ignore the stabbing pain throughout my body. Rivaille woke up, ready to eat his Italian food that he craved like some crazy pregnant lady while my body felt like I was burning in lava. My bandage job was a little shoddy, as Dustin was usually the one who took care of it anyways, apologizing for what he'd done like I didn't want it in the first place. Rivaille hadn't done that, instead dealing with his own sore ass and getting everything set up for dinner.

I adjusted my tie that was the same color as my eyes, smoothing it down over the black button up shirt I was wearing. Rivaille wore a bored expression as he ate his spaghetti bolognese, occasionally glancing up at me with his eyes, casting a dark expression of underlying lust towards me. My wrists burned in response, but I ignored the feeling of discomfort, instead opting to drink my Coke as Rivaille sipped at his water from time to time.

"Want me to retie them?" The raven asked, gesturing towards my bandages. "They look kind of shit."

I glared down at my wrists for a bit before nodding. "Yeah. That'd be nice."

The male chuckled lightly to himself, getting out of his seat and crouching before me. "You know," He started to talk, unwrapping the current bandages. "I have a really bad habit of screwing up my hands when I get stressed." He began rewrapping the bandages, tighter than I'd done so myself but in a way which looked correct. "I've been doing it for years. Pisses off whoever ends up having to wrap up my hands afterwards."

Rivaille's hands were ice cold against mine, the temperature difference surprising me as we hadn't really done anything exceptionally different. He continued to bandage my hands, doing so delicately but securely.

"That feel okay?" He looked up.

I tried to move my wrists, my motion limited more than I was used to. "They'll do. Thank you, Rivaille."

Rivaille leaned down and I prepared myself for the usual when I was actually met with something different. He inspected the bandage job, as if he wasn't actually sure if he did it right. I sighed, kind of relieved.

"It's not perfect, but at least it looks good."

"Yeah."

"So, the bandages are fine, what about you?"

"I'm fine," I replied honestly, "A little tired, but all good."

The raven nodded, going back to eating his food with a small smile on his face and a gleam in his eyes. For the first time I could recall, Rivaille looked more like an excited child than a professor and world-renown detective.

"You sure like Italian food," I laughed.

"I've travelled practically everywhere for work, but I haven't had a job in Italy since my first case. It's stupid, really. All I want is some decent Italian, but all Watari wants is bloody fast food shit." The male complained.

I shook my head, "It's not stupid. Like, I really enjoy eating Mexican food, like authentic Mexican food."

"I'm guessing that Dustin counts as your 'authentic Mexican food', since you enjoy eating him," Ryuk cackled.

I started to choke on my food.

Rivaille stood up from his seat, moving to my side and hitting my back to try and stop my coughing. "Wow, slow down. The food isn't going anywhere." He joked.

It took all of my willpower to not swear at the shinigami. He almost killed me. I wanted to strangle him as he kept asking me 'if Dustin was spicy.'