Making It Through The Holidays

(In this devotional, it will be about mental illness and making it through the holidays with mental illness. It's not centered around God. I hope you still read and enjoy)

Making it through the holidays.

I know that when you have any mental illness. And you are struggling during the holidays, it's rough. Because it's: "the most wonderful time of the year." But you feel awful. You have to be around family when you rather be in bed asleep so you could get away from everything.

The holidays are rough with any mental illness. But you can make it through it.

Here are some of my tips for making it through the holidays when you are struggling with a mental illness:

Take care of yourself
Do whatever you need to do, to take care of you. Whether that is leaving the room when family is over, taking your medicines (BE SURE TO TAKE YOUR MEDICINES), or using your coping skills (like reading, writing, drawing, it's doing something that makes you happy. Remember, you and your mental health come first.

Force yourself to do things (things that are good for you and will help you)
For an example: someone invited you to a party. But you feel down and don't want to go. Go to the party! Another example, you don't want to get out of bed. Get out of bed, take a shower, and go see your family.
Sometimes you just have to force yourself to do things that you know are good for you. You may not want to get out of bed. But you need to because it what's best for you. It's hard, it's REALLY hard. But it's worth it.

Talk to someone or journal
Be sure to talk to someone or journal your feelings. It's always good to get your feelings out. It will help you feel better.

Remember:
You are not alone.
You can get through this.
Keep going.
Don't give up!
God is right by side you, helping you.
With God by your side, you can get through and overcome ANYTHING!
I love you.
God loves you!
❤️❤️❤️

Hey guys! So I know this is not my usual devotional. But if you guys like stuff like this! Let me know and I will write more Devotionals like this or the old way. Comment below and let me know what you like!💜

Anyways, I love you all! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year❤️

-xoxo Renae💜