Doubt

Doubt.

Maybe right now, you are struggling to believe in God. Despite it being the Christmas season, you feel more alone than ever. You may be going through some really rough trials which is making it even harder to believe in God. I am here to tell you today that if you are struggling with doubt: it's okay! It's okay to doubt and have questions. The important thing is to talk to God about your doubt and questions. Don't run away from God, let your doubt bring you closer to God.

I am sure you are wondering: "Wait Caty, are you crazy? How can my doubt bring me closer to God??"

When you have doubt about God you can let your doubt do one of two things: you can run away God or talk to God about your doubt. Be honest and open with God about your doubts. Start reading your Bible and talk to God.

Look, having doubts doesn't make you a bad Christian, it makes you human. We all have doubts. The important thing is to let it bring you closer to God instead of running away from God. Because if you do you doubt God, He still loves you and wants to be close to you. He will welcome you with His loving, caring, kind, sweet, forgiving, encouraging, comforting, guiding, and helping arms.

If you are struggling with doubt, please remember: you are not alone. Even famous people in the Bible have doubted God. Remember Thomas? One of the disciples? After Jesus was killed and Jesus rose again. Peter tried to tell Thomas that Jesus was alive but Thomas didn't believe Peter.

'But Thomas, sometimes called the Twin, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples told him, "We saw the Master." But he said, "Unless I see the nail holes in his hands, put my finger in the nail holes, and stick my hand in his side, I won't believe it." But Thomas, sometimes called the Twin, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples told him, "We saw the Master." But he said, "Unless I see the nail holes in his hands, put my finger in the nail holes, and stick my hand in his side, I won't believe it."'
'Eight days later, his disciples were again in the room. This time Thomas was with them. Jesus came through the locked doors, stood among them, and said, "Peace to you." Then he focused his attention on Thomas. "Take your finger and examine my hands. Take your hand and stick it in my side. Don't be unbelieving. Believe." Jesus said, "So, you believe because you've seen with your own eyes. Even better blessings are in store for those who believe without seeing."'

John 20:24-25, 26-27,29

So even Thomas, a hero of the Bible struggled with doubt. If you are struggling with doubt, remember: you are not alone, it doesn't make you a bad Christian, and talk to God about it instead of running away from God.

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I struggle with doubt, that it brings me closer to you. As I spend time in your word and talking with you that I grow closer to you. Help me be honest and open with you. Help our relationship just continue to grow.

I thank you for Your Son and all my many blessings.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! Thank you so much for reading and I love you so much❤️

-xoxo Caty❤️