What To Do When You Hit Rock Bottom

What to do when you hit rock bottom.

Rock,

Bottom.

You finally hit it.

After months of battling struggles like depression, suicidal thoughts, mental illness, cancer, or chronic illness, you finally hit rock bottom. My definition of rock bottom is when you can't go any lower and you start to have suicidal thoughts.

So you finally hit it.

I am sure you are wondering:

"Now what?"

"What do I do now?"

The best thing about rock bottom is it's only up from here.

So what do you do when you hit rock bottom?

Here's my tips and tricks:

1. Talk with someone.

On New Year's Eve, I hit rock bottom after months of struggling with depression and chronic illness. What really got me through that night was talking with my parents. They listened to me and were there for me. When you hit rock bottom, you don't need to go through it alone. Tell someone you trust about what is going on.

    2. Pray and cry out to God.

When I went to bed that night after I hit rock bottom, I just prayed and cried out to God. God knows you are struggling and He wants to help you. We need to reach out to God and tell Him how we are truly feeling. He will be there to listen and help us through it.

    3. End that night on a positive note. Even though it's really hard, think about positive things in your life. Don't go to bed depressed, go to bed thinking about positive things.

After you have felt your feelings, talked with God, and talked with someone, end that night on a positive note. Watch a funny tv show right before you go to bed or read a good book. Don't go to depressed and suicidal. Go to bed thinking about all the amazing things in your life. One bad day or one bad episode doesn't throw away all the progress you have made. You are doing great! Be proud of all the good you do, even if all you did that day was sleep. Whatever you do, it's good enough because you are good enough in God's eyes. Don't talk negative to yourself, you are amazing!!

Verses:

When you pass through the waters I will be with you: and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Since you are precious in My sight and I love you." Isaiah 43:2-4

"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul, firm, and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become high priest forever." Hebrews 6:19

"Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed." Isaiah 49:23

Prayer:

Dear God,

Even though I have hit rock bottom, I pray you help me through it. Help me as I talk with someone about it, pray to you, and end things on a positive note that you help me make it through this. Hold me close as I get better and be okay again.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are doing good and that you enjoyed this devotional.

I have thought about doing a podcast because I have a YouTube channel but I never use it. I thought it would be easier on me if I did a podcast. Would you guys be interested in a Christian podcast hosted by me?

Let me know in the comments!

Thank you so much for reading and I love you so much!❤️

-xoxo Caty❤️