Chapter 8

Taehyung wasn't in registration which worried Jungkook a little. He knew he'd gone back to his flat but he also knew that he'd spoken to Junghyun before he left. And that Junghyun had quite likely tried to tell Taehyung that his beloved little brother is gay, even though he'd never said anything to imply that he was.

Things didn't get better for the turmoil in his mind when Hoseok came bounding in, his usual grin plastered all over his face, straight towards him. Looking over at BamBam he wasn't surprised to see that he was totally ignoring Hoseok, and after what he'd told Jungkook, he too felt different about the smiley guy.

So when Hoseok sat down next to him, Jungkook looked out of the window. He could practically feel the hurt Hoseok was radiating as he noticed that it was deliberate but Jungkook just wanted to get things straight first. Even if it jeopardised his mission, he wasn't going to abandon BamBam like he did.

"Err, morning Jungkook?" Hoseok said as more of a question than an statement. He was obviously unsure as to why the new boy was ignoring him when he'd done nothing wrong that he could think of.

Through the two lessons until break, Jungkook ignored Hoseok and during those two lessons, Hoseok tried to figure out what he'd done until he couldn't handle it anymore.

"Jungkook, please stop ignoring me. What have I done?" He finally confronted the younger.

Jungkook turned to face him with wavering eyes. "I... I don't know if I can tell you. It's not really my problem to tell."

"So why are you ignoring me if it's not your problem?" Hoseok sighed exasperatedly.

As soon as the class had left the room, including Junior, Yugyeom and BamBam, Jungkook nodded.

"You're right, sorry. I shouldn't have ignored you. I feel like I should tell you even though I'm pretty sure I shouldn't," he admitted.

"It's okay, I promise I'll keep it secret. But I want to know what I've done to make you upset with me," Hoseok countered, taking a seat on the desk they were stood by.

Jungkook nodded again, preparing to tell him about his conversation with BamBam.

"Okay. So yesterday, I was with BamBam-" he paused momentarily to notice Hoseok's expression change to worry. "And we were at his locker. When he opened the door... there were pictures of the two of you stuck on. I asked him about it, and he said that you used to be best friends but... you abandoned him. For your current friends."

Hoseok looked upset, which wasn't Jungkook's intention.

"Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have told you, I feel bad now."

Hoseok shook his head. "No, I'm glad you did. I just wish he could forget about that," he smiled half heartedly.

"Why would you say that?" Jungkook was pretty shocked to hear that come from him.

"Because I did what I did to protect him, not to hurt him even more," Hoseok revealed, fiddling with his sleeves. "I didn't want him to get caught up in my messed up life," the sleeve-fiddling intensified as the memories obviously returned.

"What's so messed up about your life?" Jungkook moved closer to place a supportive arm around Hoseok's shoulders.

"A lot of things have gone wrong to put me where I am now. My life isn't as amazing as it looks, you know," the elder uncovered. Jungkook felt a tug at his heartstrings and wrapped his other arm around Hoseok so that now it was a real hug.

Suddenly the door was flung open and Jungkook was faced with Jimin's cold inquisitive stare.

"Either of you seen Seokjin hyung?" He asks blankly.