Chapter 4

Jungkook sighed as the bell rang for break. First two lessons had been physics and maths and his brain was overflowing. He rubbed his temples and closed his eyes trying to remember what momentum was. He felt a finger poke his nose and opened one eye. Another eye was staring straight back into his. An inquisitive chocolate brown eye. Jungkook jumped about a mile and bumped into the wall behind him.

Hoseok burst into laughter. "Oh, God! That was so funny! Haha, sorry," he wiped a tear of laughter from his eye. "Anyway, I was going to ask you if you wanted to go out with me and Seokjin later. We're going to the karaoke bar in the square."

"Seokjin?" Jungkook pretended he didn't know who he was, even though he already knew where he lived and worked.

"Yeah, Kim Seokjin. He's my friend. I told him about you and he wanted to meet you so he told me to invite you out with us tonight. I mean, I want you to come as well. So will you?" Hoseok grinned and pushed his face closer to Jungkook's with each second.

"Okay, okay!" Jungkook laughed, ducking out of Hoseok's facial range. "I'll come. It sounds fun anyway."

Hoseok clapped him on the back. "Ehhh! We'll have a laugh. Plus, if you get Seokjin's approval you're pretty much guaranteed to be accepted by my other friends. He's like our mother," he laughed. Jungkook smiled. Seokjin sounded nice. How could these people be part of a gang.

"Do you want to go out straight after school?"

"Actually, can I go get changed first? I hate wearing uniform outside. Plus, I promised to call my friend."

"Sure. We've booked a room from six until nine so we'll meet you there at that time. Room 12. So, I'll see you later?" Jungkook nodded and give Hoseok an excited thumbs up. Hoseok gave a little wave as he left the classroom.

After that exchange, Jungkook left to find Yugyeom and the others. They were outside where they usually sat on the benches. As he took his seat, the others stopped eating and stared at him.

"Junior said you were talking to Hoseok after class. Were you really?" Yugyeom asks, wide eyed.

Jungkook studied the group's faces. Yugyeom and Junior looked intrigued, but BamBam looked... Cold? "Yeah I was. Why?"

Yugyeom shook his head incredulously. "Mr Popular! Only two days and you and Jung Hoseok are on chatting terms! Wow!"

"Do you know how popular he and his friends are? You could make us popular!" Junior grinned mischievously. BamBam prodded his food with his chopsticks.

"What's up Bam?" Jungkook frowned in concern. It was very unlike BamBam to look upset or angry, but he did at that moment.

BamBam looked up, meeting his eyes and smiled feebly. "Nothing. Just... If you make friends with them, don't forget about us, okay? We've always got your back if they do anything to upset you."

"Do you... Know something about them?" Yugyeom asked.

BamBam laughed nervously. "Just that when they make friends with people, they claim them. Watch out for that."

Jungkook nodded. "Oh, okay." Suddenly, his phone started to vibrate in his pocket. He took it out and saw Mark's name on the screen. "Ah, sorry but I've got to take this. I'll be back in a minute."

He headed towards the corner of the courtyard and pressed the answer call button and put the phone to his ear. "Hello?"

"Hi. I just wanted to talk to you actually," Mark informed him sheepishly.

"Aww, how sweet, hyung!" Jungkook cooed teasingly.

"I'm just taking an interest in my favourite hubae's life!" Mark protested.