Chapter 9

Three hours of food and films later, the time was drawing near.

They grabbed a black hoodie, a black mask and a pair of black gloves each, before getting into Mark's black car. Everything had to be black. After all, incognito was the key word.

Once outside the warehouses, Mark turned the engine off and dug out the night vision camera, making sure there was enough space for film. Jungkook retrieved his earpiece from his pocket and kept it in his lap ready. They were very ready for this and made sure to talk in whispers in case there were people nearby. Now to wait.

The butterflies in Jungkook's stomach were extremely active. They'd never been so real. This was one of the most unnerving moments of his life. Even on a par to the interview with the Superintendent.

He tapped his feet nervously until Mark put a firm hand on his knee to calm him down.

Jungkook apologised sheepishly and Mark removed the hand with a quiet laugh.

"It's okay. I'm nervous too," the elder reassured him.

At around 10.30 a black van crawled around the corner. It stopped outside the large black gates which secured the warehouse. The engine was turned off and Jungkook inserted his earpiece and tuned in. He knew that Namjoon would be able to pick up the signal from it but hoped that he couldn't track it's location. He had an extremely high IQ but he wasn't that clever was he? He couldn't be.

The earpiece was crackly until he picked up their soundwave.

Yoongi's voice was surprisingly authoritative.

Yoongi: V. Concentrate. Stop zoning out.

Seokjin: Have you been drinking? I told you not to!

Taehyung: For God's sake I'm here, aren't I? Stop complaining!

Namjoon: The way you're going you won't be here much longer.

Jimin: Yah-

Namjoon: No. We can't pretend it's not going to happen. Listen to me, V. We don't want you to die, none of us. We all love you, okay? What we do is for your safety. If you keep acting like this then there's nothing we can do to save you.

It went silent until he heard the van door sliding open. They had fake names. Interesting.

Hoseok: What are you doing?

Taehyung: My job, duh. Are you coming or what?

Jimin: We should scope out the area first.

Taehyung: We can do it ourselves. I want to get a close look at who is on watch. I wanna know what I'm up against.

Again there was silence.

Taehyung: Fine, I'll go alone.

Yoongi: Yah! V!

The sound of the door closing was heard before a ton of sighs.

Jimin: Should I go after him?

Namjoon: No. It's his mess. If he's gonna get caught he'll do it himself. Besides. He knows how to handle this. I hope...

Jungkook turned to Mark with worry. Mark also had an earpiece in and was biting his lip.

"What if something happens to him?" Jungkook whispered.

Mark sighed lightly. "I don't know. There's nothing we can do."

Jungkook wasn't going to take that. Taehyung was his friend now. If BTS wouldn't protect him then he would, but he didn't tell Mark that.