Chapter 20

Mark took Jungkook to school early so that they were less likely to be seen by other students together. The two carried Mark's bags into the classroom and they chatted whilst the waited for people to turn up.

"I think I should spend more time studying," Jungkook told Mark, remembering what his mum said. "But I don't know if I'll always be able to. Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be out between 10 and 5."

"Hmm," Mark thought about it. "This year studying is very important. You could get up early and do it and then when you come home you can spend a few hours on it. But education is important definitely. Maybe you could join extra classes outside of school?"

BamBam, Yugyeom and Junior were happy to hang out with him again at break. He hadn't done so for a few days, claiming he'd been attending catch up sessions. He didn't want them to think he was jilting them. When Junior and Yugyeom were talking about girls, BamBam leaned towards Jungkook and pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket.

He unfolded it to reveal the message. It simply said: Good morning! :)

Jungkook had a feeling that this was the start of Hoseok's battle to get his friend back but he didn't tell BamBam that when he asked if he knew who it was.

"I have no idea," Jungkook shrugged, a smile tugging at his lips. "Maybe it's someone who wants to get to know you?"

BamBam laughed. "Who would want to do that?"

"Well," Jungkook said, clapping a hand on his friend's back. "People are full of surprises!"

"Wanna hang out after school? We're going to grab some fast food somewhere," Junior said.

"Sure! Sounds fun!" Jungkook agreed with a grin.

In Mark's class, he found himself with his head on his palm, watching Woozi, who was sat diagonally in front of him, working hard. He felt guilty. Had he affected his life in any way with what he said? Well, probably, judging by the reaction he'd got the day before.

He slipped into his thoughts, imagining what had happened differently. After the Jungkook in his head told Woozi he loved him, it was Woozi's turn to reject him.

"I don't love you, though, Jungkook. I hate you," he said with a cruel laugh. "You're a fool for thinking I could love you."

Jungkook began to break down and tears formed in his eyes whispering "No" over and over. Suddenly a hand on his shoulder jolted him back into consciousness. He was sweating a little with wet cheeks and Hoseok was next to him, staring with his eyes wide at him. But it wasn't Hoseok's hand on his shoulder. It was Mark's.

"Jungkook are you okay?" Mark asked with a concerned tone. "Hoseok, could you take him outside for a while?"

"Yes, sir," Hoseok pulled Jungkook up and took him by the shoulders out of the room past staring faces. Jungkook didn't fail to notice Woozi also watching him. His expression was a little hard to read but as they locked eyes, he looked a bit sad and even guilty. But that was Jungkook's job, to feel guilty! Why was Woozi?

Outside the classroom, he attempted to dry his eyes as Hoseok slid to the floor, dragging him down with him.

"So what's wrong?" His new best friend asked, arm around his shoulders. "I saw you falling asleep and then next thing I know you're muttering the word 'no' repeatedly and crying!"

Jungkook hit his head deliberately against the wall. "Did everyone see?"

"Probably."

"God damnit. It was nothing," he brushed it off.

"No it wasn't," Hoseok frowned. "Tell me what's wrong or I'll tell Yoongi to bully you!" He threatened jokingly. He was rewarded with a slight smile.