Chapter 27

"We've been given another mission. A huge one," Yoongi announced to the group. "This one is a lot more physical than the last one so Jungkook we need you to be up for this."

Jungkook nodded. "I'll practice hard."

Yoongi gave him a grateful smile and Namjoon continued from where Yoongi left off. "Taehyung, keep your phone on, okay? And make sure you're always able to answer it. We have three days to prepare ourselves. The Boss wants this one done especially well. He's so protective of this mission that he's taken it upon himself to plan it. We have yet to see the plan ourselves, so we don't know what to expect."

"Where is it?" Jimin asked, leaning forward in his seat.

Yoongi, Seokjin and Namjoon exchanged glances.

"The Police Headquarters."

Jungkook gasped and everyone stared at him. "Sorry," he gushed. "It's just, that's such a huge target! Won't there be loads of people in there? What does he even want?"

Yoongi shrugged. "He said something about a man's freedom? I presume from that he wants us to free a criminal from the cells. Knowing the Boss - and our luck -, he'll be one of the highest guarded criminals in the building."

Jungkook's mind was racing. He supposed this was his chance to end the gang's slavery once and for all. He wanted more than anything to free the members and help them return to their old lives, but he needed to be sure that the Superintendent wouldn't have them all arrested. If anything happened to any of them... he would make sure he stayed with them, wherever they were. He would use all the influence he had with Mark and the Superintendent to help his friends out. Even Jimin. Maybe that way Jimin would forget all about the whole 'teacher-student relationship' thing.

"I'm hungry," Jimin suddenly moaned. "Maknae, could you get me a biscuit from the canteen?" He stared at Jungkook, reminding him with his eyes what was at stake.

He nodded. "Er, yes. Does anyone else want anything?" He asked, standing up and walking towards the door.

"How about you let Jimin get it himself?" Taehyung snorted, folding his arms and kicking Jimin hard in the shin.

"OW!" Jimin yelped and grabbed his shin, glaring at Taehyung. "What was that for?!"
Taehyung rolled his eyes. "You're such a baby. Just get it yourself, you could do with some exercise anyway," he chuckled cruelly at his own joke but everyone else's eyes showed disapproval. "What?"

Seokjin sighed. "Tae, don't talk about Jimin like that, and Jimin, don't boss Jungkook around."

Jimin huffed and gave a hard stare to the maknae. "It's fine, Jungkook-ah doesn't mind, do you?"

Jungkook's eyes shot open wide and he shook his head quickly with a reassuring smile. "No! I really don't mind. I could do with some fresh air."

Hoseok looked at him oddly with a laugh. "Weirdo. Do you want me to come?"

Jungkook glanced over at Taehyung who shook his head the tiniest bit. "No, I'll be okay by myself," he grinned. "Any particular kind of biscuit, Jimin?"

"Not fussy," he shrugged, leaning back in his chair and feeling totally smug that his blackmail idea had made him a slave.

Jungkook nodded and left the room. When he had just turned the corridor, he heard quick footsteps behind him and a hand briefly touched his back. He knew immediately that it was Taehyung.

"I told them I was going to the toilet," he said, smiling slightly shyly at Jungkook. "Why did he ask you to get his damn biscuit when he could have done it himself?" He asked Jungkook seriously. When the younger failed to immediately answer, instead pulling a guppy expression, he figured it out. "He's blackmailing you too, isn't he?" He laughed. "Wow."