Chapter 15

Mark wasn't in school on Monday. He'd sent Jungkook a text to say that he was ill. The younger hadn't been surprised. The events of Saturday night were obviously still fresh on his mind. He was, however, disappointed that he wouldn't see him that day, despite the slight confusion surrounding their relationship. No matter what happened, he knew Mark would always be his friend.

"So. Friday night. You took off pretty quick," BamBam commented at break, taking a mouthful of apple.

Jungkook shrugged, doing the same thing. "My mum," he mumbled through the apple. When he swallowed, he continued. "She called me to go home. She doesn't like me being out late."

Yugyeom sent him a look that said he pitied him. Jungkook had to agree, he was making himself sound lame. But what else could he say? He looked at BamBam and was a little surprised to see him look skeptical. He'd thought that seemed a plausible excuse. Then again... the way he'd run out like a maniac... he could see how BamBam was a little doubtful.

"Anyway guys, I would like to ask for your help in something..." he started, his heart thumping, totally disbelieving what he was about to say. "Could you help me find a girlfriend?"

Needless to say, the reaction was excitement from all three of them.

"We're going to have so much fun with this!" Junior grinned evilly.

"Hey!" Jungkook poked him on the forehead. "Nothing creepy or weird, okay? I just want a normal girlfriend."

Yugyeom leaned forwards. "What's brought this on? You've never mentioned girls before."

Jungkook shrugged. "I'm bored of being lonely and I haven't the faintest clue how to get a girlfriend. That, my dear friends, is why I asked you."

After ten minutes of discussing what he wanted from a girlfriend, the matchmakers felt that they had enough information to go on and began to plot amongst themselves.

"I'm just going to the toilet," he excused himself and headed off to the loos. Once he'd locked himself in a cubicle, he pulled his earpiece from his bag and attached it to his ear, turning it on. Once he'd tuned in, after a small silence, he heard Namjoon's voice exclaim, "There!"

It sounded like they'd spotted something somewhere. But what could they possibly be looking for? He got his answer soon enough.

"Can you locate it?" He heard Jimin ask. That was when it dawned on him. They were definitely onto him. They must have been waiting for him to turn the device on. What if they already knew who he was? No. He shook that thought away. They'd know it's location if they knew it was him. But still, it wouldn't be long before Namjoon hacked him if he saved his progress every time. Becoming more petrified by the second, he quickly disconnected the earpiece and shoved it into his bag. Slinging the bag over his shoulder, he composed himself before leaving the cubicle with his head down.

Out in the hallway, he looked up at the music room door only to see it open and Taehyung to step out. He jerked his head back down and then realised that that would look more suspicious than anything.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung called out, spotting the younger who muttered a curse under his breath, but caught his eye nonetheless. Taehyung beckoned him over with his hand and he had no choice but to oblige.

Having prepared himself for questioning, Jungkook was extremely surprised when his hand was grabbed and a carton of milkshake was placed in it. Chocolate flavour. He looked up confusedly.

"What's this for?"

"A thank you," Taehyung smiled a little. "For letting me stay over and not asking questions," he whispered the last bit so that no one could overhear and discover where he'd been hiding out.