Chapter 22

That night, Jungkook sat on his bed biting his lip. Taehyung had said he needed the toilet but when he hadn't come back fifteen minutes later, Yoongi had gone to check on him and realised that his car was gone. They'd all been confused but Jungkook had also felt disappointed. Just as he thought Taehyung was beginning to like him, he ran away. What kind of sign was that? It made him feel unwanted. And now that Mark had high hopes for a relationship with Jackson, he felt jealous. Yugyeom had a girlfriend he loved, Mark had Jackson, and he was sure he'd seen Junior and some girl in class sharing glances. And what did he have? A very short, very meaningless "thing" with Mark, and what was "almost a thing" with Taehyung who appeared to have thought better of kissing Jungkook and left. Just like that. No explanation. Nada.

And it hurt. He knew deep down that Taehyung didn't really intend to get that close to him. It was just the atmosphere that made it happen. It was all his own fault for believing it and trying to make something happen. If he hadn't done that, maybe Taehyung wouldn't have run away. He probably disgusted him. He wasn't like him. Of course he wasn't. Jungkook was the odd one out. As usual. A lone tear rolled down his cheek. He felt battered all over and it hurt to move, but he managed to curl up into a ball on his bed and cry himself into a disturbed and restless sleep.

Meanwhile...

"Jimin?... I saw them... Yeah, I'm in. What do you want to do with them?"

*****

"Jungkook, are you okay? You don't look too good," BamBam frowned, stopping his friend as soon as he saw him on the walk to school. His face was pale, his eyes puffy and purple and he was walking incredibly slowly. "I don't think you should be in school today," he continued, concern lacing his tone.

"No, I'm fine," he said quietly, brushing off the concern with a small smile. "I'm just tired."

BamBam nodded but looked like he really didn't believe him. "Okay, then."

Yugyeom joined them in a good mood. It was Chaeyeon's birthday in a week and he'd bought her the perfect present. Couple rings. He showed the pair a picture on his phone and they were both wowed. They were titanium and had I love you inscribed on the insides.

"They're awesome!" BamBam squealed, squinting to see the picture in the bright sunlight.

At their lockers as they were pulling out the necessary books and folders, BamBam tapped on Jungkook's shoulder for him to take a look. Another note lay inside.

You always look happy :) I hope you have a good day, today and everyday.

"Who is it that does this?" BamBam asked, not able to hide his glowing smile. These notes genuinely made him happy. Did he have an admirer? It was a boys school and he was straight but he thought it was adorable anyway.

Jungkook shrugged, pretending he still didn't know.

"Okay. I want to come in early tomorrow to find out who it is. Will you come with me?" He asked, and Jungkook frowned.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked, wondering whether Hoseok wanted BamBam to find out so soon who he was or whether he wanted it to be a secret a little longer.

BamBam shrugged, closing his locker and putting the note with the first one in his pocket. "I want to know who it is. I want to befriend them."

Jungkook just nodded. He should probably tell Hoseok about this.

***

"So you're saying he wants to wait for me tomorrow to see who I am? I don't think I want him to know yet. I've only left two notes," Hoseok bit his lip. The two were walking to the music room at lunch and Jungkook had imparted his information.