Chapter 33

Three days later

The butterflies in Jungkook's stomach refused to settle as he waited in the prison lobby. Mark stood beside him with a huge grin on his face. The lobby was crowded with people. Junghyun, Taemin and Sungjin all stood together and even Sungjin's girlfriend Yura had come to make up the numbers. Mr Im and Youngjae flirted incessantly at the desk and Jackson was on the other side of Jungkook, a proud arm around his shoulders.

Everything had worked out well. Mr Im had stuck to his promise and Mark and Jungkook had provided enough evidence of D.O's blackmail to get the BTS members off with only a warning. Jungkook had cried with happiness a lot when he found out and he'd been so happy he had ignored formality had hugged a surprised Mr Im who had awkwardly patted his back in return.

And now here he was, waiting for all the members to be freed in a few minutes. To think, in a few minutes, all of them would be totally free to return to their previous lives knowing their families were safe.

He fingered the small velvet box in his pocket and smiled nervously to himself. He was so excited he thought he would burst. A police officer appeared in the doorway with a smile and then stepped aside to reveal Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi, Jimin, Hoseok and finally: Taehyung. All of them wearing small smiles and back in their normal clothes, completely uncuffed. One by one, they filtered past Jungkook, shaking hands with him or hugging him with gratitude, and then also moving on to bow politely to Mr Im whom they knew had helped them a lot.

When it came to Taehyung's turn, Jungkook didn't waste a second and threw himself into his arms, not letting go. Taehyung hugged him back and swung him around ecstatically, both crying a little with the overwhelming emotion of it.

"I can't believe it's all over," Taehyung grinned into Jungkook's neck. "Thank you, Kookie. I'm sorry I doubted you."

"It's nothing, Tae," Jungkook grinned and wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

Taehyung lifted his head off Jungkook's shoulder and smiled into his eyes. "It's about time I did this again," he said before leaning in and attaching his lips to Jungkook's in front of everyone. The kiss was full of joy and a little passion and they could both taste each others' happy tears.

Wolf whistles and cheers erupted and everyone burst into applause, even Jimin who didn't want to be the odd one out.

As they pulled apart, Taehyung wiped a thumb across Jungkook's cheek to brush away a tear. "No more hiding?"

Jungkook laughed and nodded. "No more hiding," he put his hand in his pocket and drew out the little velvet box, opening it to reveal matching silver couple rings. "Be with me forever."

Taemin leaned close to Junghyun, who was grinning at the scene in front of them, to quietly whisper, "This might not be the right time to say this, hyung, but I like you. I always did. Ever since the first day I saw you at school you were different. You're kind, you're beautiful, you're perfect. Please think about dating me."

Junghyun turned to Taemin, grin not slipping for a second. He wrapped and arm around Taemin's waist and chuckled. "Sure. I'll think about it."

Jackson sniffed melodramatically. "I can't believe my son is so grown up with his boyfriend! They look so handsome together!" He pulled out a tissue from his pocket and blew his nose.

Mark rolled his eyes and pinched his boyfriend on the arm. "Don't ruin the moment, asshole."

The free members filed out of the police station chatting merrily about what they were going to do now, totally ignoring the fact that it was a school day.

"I'm glad we went through all of that," Namjoon admitted with a smile. "I think it taught us never to doubt Jungkook-ah."

Yoongi raised a fist in the air as Taehyung and Jungkook walked down the steps giggling, hand in hand. "To the Golden Maknae!" He cried and everyone around them raised a fist in the air and shouted the same thing.

Jungkook burst out laughing and turned a little red with embarrassment. "You guys are the best!" He shouted, sliding his arm around Taehyung's waist and leaning his head on his shoulder.

Yoongi nodded his head at their matching rings and looked straight at Taehyung with a gummy grin. "I take it this is your answer?"

Taehyung looked down at Jungkook's face with an adoring gaze. "Yes," he nodded at Yoongi and everyone around them. "Jungkook is my answer."

Jae xoxo