Chapter 11

Mark's car was waiting on the roadside in front of the karaoke bar. Jungkook jumped in and sighed, after running out the building straight to the car.

"You forgot, didn't you?" Mark rolled his eyes and pulled away from the kerb back onto the road towards his apartment.

"Maybe," Jungkook grinned sheepishly, running a hand through his hair.

They drove back to Mark's house to get changed into their black clothes and grab all the equipment and then headed to the warehouse district. As it had been before, it was quiet, although a few employees were locking up the warehouse next to the one they were to watch.

As they parked up, Jungkook pulled the camera and laptop bags off the back seat and handed the camera to Mark whilst he tried to set up the laptop and made sure all the settings were correct for not being detected. Once they'd finished, they waited.

"So. I haven't seen you at school lately," Mark commented, reminding Jungkook that he was neither a good friend nor a good source of information for this mission.

"Yeah, sorry. I've been trying to spend as much time with them as possible. I'm spending more time with Taehyung and Hoseok though," he stated proudly. He felt as though he was making headway and was rather hoping that the Superintendent would notice him and hire him like he had with Mark.

"Taehyung? I didn't expect that. When did this become a real friendship? Since he stayed at yours?" Mark was pretty shocked. He had never seen Taehyung and Jungkook exchange conversation or even share friendly glances in school. He wasn't even sure that Taehyung had a friendly glance to give. He never smiled, in school anyway, and even when Jimin talked to him he usually looked like he didn't give a damn what he was saying. The point was, he didn't seem the type of guy to get on with the happy, cute and kind of shy Jungkook.

"We didn't hang out, as such. Last time he just stayed over to avoid his friends," Jungkook shrugged.

Mark raised his eyebrows. This was new. "Any interesting information?"

"Well... Not really. He said he's used to sleeping on the floor, but all that tells us is that his flat must be very empty."

Mark sighed resignedly. "You could ask some questions next time you talk. Ask him about his life."

Jungkook shook his head. "I don't think he likes people prying into his life. I don't want to jeopardise our acquaintance."

Mark laughed. "Acquaintance!" He wiped his eyes exaggeratedly. "I like it. Oh well, try it out on Hoseok instead. He's probably okay with telling you stuff about his family."

After another half an hour, shortly after it got dark, the familiar black van rolled up. Surprisingly, it was followed in by a sleek black car. Upon closer inspection, Jungkook recognised the driver as Seokjin. It seems the file he'd received needed correcting there. He could drive.

The car parked in the car park of the warehouse next door whilst the van remained on the roadside.

Mark and Jungkook switched their headsets on and tuned into the van's communication wavelength. They heard the conversation between the car and the van.

Yoongi's voice was first to be heard.

Yoongi: Okay, so. The communications are up. You remember what we went over?

Taehyung: Yeah we've got it. Jin goes in to pretend he's lost and asking for directions, he causes a distraction and we sneak in the back. You then activate the smoke devices I hid last time and we attack the guards and nick the gear.