Chapter 2

How bad could a dare be? I was the first one to choose a dare, so all the older kids ooed.

"We dare you to kiss Hayes." One of the ninth graders said.

I was shocked, I couldnt do this, Hayes is my best friend. What was I thinking, dares are so much worse than truths.

"You dont have to do this." I said to Hayes.

"I dont want them to think that you are a whimp." Hayes said in a whisper.

"Are you ok with this?" I asked him.

"Of course I am, we are best friends, it wont mean anything. Right?" He said.

"I guess you are right." I said before we leanded in to kiss.

Our lips connected and I felt instant electicity. I couldnt believe that I just had my first kiss with Hayes Grier, my best friend, the star football player.

"That was.." Hayes said, but I cut him off before he could say anything else.

"Thanks, I did my dare." I said to the ninth graders.

"I can't believe that some shy little girl just kissed Hayes Grier." One of the head cheerleaders said.

"Maybe I'm not just some shy girl." I said to her.

"Nice comeback C, I guess we will see you at the popular table tomorrow for lunch." She said before she walked away.

"Congrats, you made it with the popular crowd." Hayes said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks, but I can't believe that I had to kiss you." I said.

"What, I cant be that bad of a kisser." He told me.

"No, its just that you are my best friend and ALL the girls want you. I even saw some eighth grade girls checking you out." I told Hayes.

"But, maybe the only girl I want is you." He said and i was shocked."

"Hayes, this can'y be true. We have been best friends for as long as I can remeber and we haven't had any other feelings for eachother other than friend ship." I said.

"Maybe you dont feel the same way that I do, but please give us a thought." Hayes said as he kissed my cheak and walked away.

Wow, Hayes likes me. I will admit, I did get jealous when some of the pretty girls flirted with Hayes. I guess I like Hayes, no I think I love Hayes.

"CeCe." I yelled as I pushed through the crowd trying to find her.

"What, I am trying to get to know, um, um." CeCe said.

"Dan." The guy said.

"Yeah, Dan. So can you go?" She asked me. I knew that CeCe was just trying to find a guy to help her get over her ex boyfriend who dumped her on the first day of summer.

"We have to talk, NOW." I said.

"Fine, be right back Dan." She said as she blew him a kiss.

"Hayes and I kissed, and I think I like him." I said and CeCe got a look on her face, a look that was not of shock, but of happiness.

"I knew it, you love Hayes and he loves you." CeCe screamed.

"I guess so." I said and we both jumped up and down.

"Well you need to tell him how you feel, before he gets taken by some bimbo." She told me.

"Ok, I will. Tomorrow in our first class." I said.

"K, now if you'll excuse me, I have a man to get back to."CeCe said, as she walked toward Dan.

I checked my phone and it said 10:45pm, which means that truth or dare was almost 4 hours long. I guess Nash must be waitting outside, so I went to find Hayes.

I looked through the entire house and I couldnt find him. I looked and looked, but he was no were to be found.

"Hey, do you know where Hayes is?" I asked Zach.

"Yeah, he is outside near the garden." He said.

"Thanks." I said as i headed outside.

I walked outside towards the garden and I saw something that crushed me. I saw Hayes kissing one of the most popular eighth grade cheerleaders. It was Bella, someone who I thought was my friend, but I guess I was wrong.

Didn't Hayes just say that he loves me? But why is here locking lips with Bella? Why did I have to fall for my best friend?