Chapter 7

Claire's P.O.V

Why would Hayes think I would cheat on him, he is the best thing that I have? I asked my self as I headed to my next class. I walked into room 17, Mrs.Noble's room. Third period I had writing, finally something I'm good at.

When I entered the room, I saw a lady about 55 years old. She was a short lady with brown hair that had some white hair mixed in. She had her hair put up in a bun and was wearing glasses that looked like they belonged to a librarian.

Since I was still one of the first kids to get to class, I grabbed a seat that was close to the front but still near the middle. I still had five minutes before class starts (A/N the 5minutes is their passing time) I decided to read my book.

I was deep into the Fault In Our Stars, when I saw someone sit down in the open seat next to me. I was praying that it wasn't Logan, thank goodness it was just Amy.

Amy was a very pretty girl, she had long brown hair that went to her waist and blue eyes that I wish I had. She was always super sweet to me, but I heard that she can be a devil if she has to.

"Hey, I didn't know you had this class." I said to Amy as she took out a pencil from her binder.

"Yeah, I signed up for this class last minute." She replied. "So how are things with you and

Hayes, I saw what happened in the cafeteria this morning."

"I don't know how things are, but I don't want them to end because of some silly fight." I told her.

"Well if you break up, I have dibs on him." Amy told me and she started to laugh.

Honestly I was jealous of Amy, I mean she was tall, confident, and a star soccer player. She was good at talking to guys, why I struggled talking to them. How ever I had the upper hand when it came to academics. I'm not saying that Amy isn't smart, it's just that I heard that it's the first day of school and she is behind in math.

"Who's talking?" I heard and it woke me from my train of thought. It was Mrs. Noble who said that.

I put away my book and grabbed a pencil and my spiral I needed for this class.

"This is my class and I don't want to hear anyone talking but me." She said, I heard that she is a really mean teacher but she is the one you want if you want to be a writer.

I have always either wanted to be a writer or a model so this class is amazing for me. I know that I am not pretty enough to be a model and I have been told by my friends that I don't have a chance. Only girls like Amy have a chance to be a model, I really envy her.

"Want some gum?" Amy asked me as she pulled out a pack of gum.

"No thanks." I said as Amy popped a piece into her mouth.

Amy started blowing bubbles and it really started to bug me, I mean how can she blow perfect bubbles each time.

"What do you think you are doing." Mrs. Noble asked Amy as she walked over to our table.

"Chewing gum." She said back to Mrs.Noble

"I advise you to not do that in my class." She told Amy. "Detention." Mrs. Noble said as she walked back to the front of the class.

"Oops." Amy said to me in a hushed voice.

It was then that I relished that Amy wasn't some good girl, she was the sweet innocent girl that everyone loves, but she is a total badass once you get to know her.

For the rest of the class period we listened to Mrs. Noble go on and on about her many rules. Some were ridiculous, like no chewing gum. Or others like no eating in class, and if she sees your phone out its detention. All the rules ended in detention.

I thought I would love this class, but now I understand that this class sucks. The only excitement was seeing how big Amy could blow gum bubbles. I usually don't fall asleep in class, but I was struggling to keep myself awake. I tried blinking to keep myself awake, but slowly my eyes lids closed and I drifted off to dream land.

"Clair, Clair. Wake up."I heard and I woke up to see Mrs. Noble standing in front of me. "Detention after school." The devil told me as the bell rang. Thank the lords,I was saved again by the bell.

I grabbed all my stuff and headed for the door. I was in such a rush that I forgot to sip up my pencil pouch and all my pens and pencils fell to the ground. I cursed under my breath and bent down to start picking up my stuff.

I started grabbing my stuff as quick as I could. When I reached for my favorite sparkly blue pen, my fingers bumped into someone else's. I looked up and I saw him.

My eyes connected with his hazel eyes that had some green in it.

I relished that I was starring and so I glanced away. I continued to gather my stuff and the cute boy with dirty blonde hair continued to help me.

"Thanks." I said as I grabbed the last pencil.

"Your welcome, I'm Max." He said to me as our eyes connected.

"Hi, I'm, I'm" I struggled to even say my name.

"Clair, I know. I saw you get in trouble earlier." He said which made me blush.

"Yeah, I usually don't fall asleep during class." I told him. "I haven't seen you around here before. Did you just move here?" I asked him as I stood up and headed to the door.

"I just moved here from Texas." He said with his southern accent.

We talked all the way to my next class, which was home room.

"Well, here's my class." I said as I stopped in front of the door.

"Really? Me too. Room 4 Mr. Charleston." He said as he started walking into the room.

"I guess we have home room together." I said. Honestly I was really happy about it.

We both went to the back of the room and sat next to each other. We talked the entire class, while Mr. Charleston went on and on about how much fun we will have this year, which we all knew were lies.

I has so much fun talking to Max, I mean we had so much fun and had so much in common. We both loved to write, and want to be a writer when we grow up. We both love the New York Yankees, and are addicted to watching football, basketball, and baseball.

We started talking about our love loves, and I explained the whole Hayes situation. He told me that he had a special boy back in Texas, I was happy for him, except he kept saying that he was bullied for being gay. It broke my heart to hear that he was bullied for that, and he said that it was the reason that he moved here.

"I'm so sorry." I told him.

"It's ok, you weren't the one who was bullying me." He responded.

"But still, what kind of monster would do that?" I asked.

"It turns out it was a guy who liked me, but I didn't like him." He said.

"That is terrible." I said to Max as I gave him a hug.

I have always hated people like that. But they had never gotten into my life, Hayes would always protect me from the bullies and mean people of elementary school.

"Thanks for caring, sometimes it feels like no one does." Max told me. "Some days I just wanted to die, I thought what was the point of being bullied. What was the point of going through the pain? What was the point of breathing?" He said.

I couldn't help but wonder, what if he is right? What if it's true that there is no point in breathing? What if there is no point to stay alive, what if being here isn't what we are meant to do?