Chapter 18

I walked through the crowded halls hearing people say "Happy Birthday" or "Congrats".

After being at this school for only a short amount of time I have become pretty popular.

Once I got to my locker I dropped my binder off and headed to the crew.

My crew consisted of Shawn the most popular guy, Megan the prettiest girl, Matthew the cute loner, Taylor the genius, and me the newbie.

Some people would call us the five most popular kids in the school, but seeing there's like 300 in our school here isn't really popular or unpopular.

Once I got to the crew I saw the usual, everyone on their phone.

"So it's my birthday and you can't even look up from your phone?" I asked sarcastically.

"Babe your getting older!" Shawn told me as he slug his arm around me.

"Yasss we can finally party!" Megan said as the five us headed down the hall.

"Haha only if you help me choose what to wear." I laughed.

"You can show me your choices. I prefer something tight." Matthew said as he winked at me.

"Matt your worse than Shawn." I said as I slapped his arm.

"No one is worse than Shawn." Megan joked.

"Umm come on I bet Hayes was worse." Shawn said.

"Speaking of him guess who texted me this morning?" I asked them.

"No!! You can not be thinking of him. He is old news. Plus there is someone else you like." Megan told me.

Honestly I told Megan that I liked someone at our school so she would get off my back about Hayes. But, I can't get him out of mind.

Hayes was my best friend for as long as I remember and I'll always love him... We spent so many summers together, some many amazing vacations, weeks, and every hour of the day together.

"Haha your right. He's just an image from the past." I lied.

"Bro we have class we have to go." Megan yelled at me as she pulled me to my next class.

"Bye boys!" I yelled to the guys.

**A Few Classes Later**

"Finally we're out of this hell hole." Shawn yelled to us as we walked out of the school.

"Haha so what are we doing tonight?" I asked the group.

"We have to go to your place."Megan said.

"Haha fine. But we are not going swimming." I told them.

"You guys we have a big project due Monday for science." Taylor told us as he swished his perfect blonde hair back into a quiff.

"Come on Tay Tay, you always end up doing the project. Please bae." I told Taylor.

"Only because it's your birthday." He told us.

"Haha love ya." Megan yelled at him.

"Sorry but I'm taken by my girl." Taylor said as he swung his arm over me and pecked my cheek.

"You know it." I laughed back.

Once we finally got home I unlocked the door and the five us threw our bags onto the couch and headed up to my room.

" I literally love your house." Megan told me as she plopped down on my canopy bed.

"I love that you have the house to yourself most of the time and your mom leaves you cash." Shawn said as he spun around on my spiny chair.