Chapter 3

I was shocked at what I saw, but I couldn't do anything about it. I knew that if I said something, than it would make things awkward with Hayes.

I decided to just walk back inside and text Hayes. I walked back inside and thanked Zack for inviting Hayes and me, then I walked to the from of the house and got into Nash's car.

"Hey. How was the party?" Nash asked me.

"Well, Hayes and I kissed, and when I went to go find him to tell him that you were here I saw him kissing some cheerleader." I said as I felt a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I am going to kick his ass." He said.

"No, please don't say anything. I don't want things to be awkward between Hayes and me." I said.

"Ok, I won't. Do you like Hayes?" He asked.

"I think I do, I think I might love him. After knowing him forever, I just released how much I care about him." I told him.

Just as I finished talking I saw Hayes coming.

"Hey, ready to go?" Nash asked Hayes.

"Yeah, CeCe said that her mom will just pick her up." Hayes said as he climbed into the back seat.

CeCe had the type of parents who didn't really cared what she did. Sometimes CeCe didn't think that they cared about her, but at other times she was glad that didn't pay much attention to her.

Nash started up the car and it was a silent drive back. It was a long drive, so I was drifting off to sleep, until my phone started to buzz.

Are we going to talk about it? - 🐻Hayes🐻

About what? -Clair🌺

About our kiss, didn't you feel something? -🐻Hayes🐻

No, it didn't mean anything. -Clair🌺

I can't believe that I just lied to my best friend. But it didn't matter, I mean he probably had feelings for Bella.

The rest of the car ride it was silent, no talking, no texting, just dead silent.

Once we got to my house I thanked Nash for the ride.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Meet at my house at 8:00?" I asked Hayes.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Hayes said as he pulled me into a hug and whispered "I love you."

We pulled apart and we said our goodbyes. I walked into my house, and I felt so shocked that Hayes said that. What about Bella? I thought.

"It is 11:15, I told you to be home at 11:00." My mom said as I walked through the door.

"Sorry, I lost track of time. Why did you wait up for me?" I told her.

"Well, I had to tell you some news. I am leaving your father." She said.

"What? This can't be true." I said.

"I had to tell you, tomorrow I moving into my own place." My mom said.

"No. You can't leave, you live here, you belong here with me and dad. You can't go." I said as I started to cry.

"I'm sorry, but I have already made up my mind." She said.

I hated this, why did she have to tell me, the day before I start middle school.

"Now, honey go upstairs and get ready for bed. You have a big day ahead of you." My mom said as if nothing just happened.

"Fine, goodnight." I said as I stomped upstairs.

I got up to my room and I jumped onto my canopy bed and started to cry into my pillows. I needed someone to talk to, but CeCe was still with Dan, and I don't even know what to say to Hayes.

I decided to text Jess, her parents are divorced and I'm sure she would know how to handle this.

Hey Jess, I need your help. -Clair🌺

Sure, what is it? -😜Jess😜

"My mom just told me that her and my dad are getting divorced. What should I do? -Clair🌺

We talked for a while and she helped me feel better. I thanked her and said goodnight. I checked my phone and it said 11:30. Since it was so late, I decided to go shower and change. I headed into my bathroom and got into the shower. I washed my hair and I rinsed my body.

I got out of the shower and dried off, then I put my hair into a braid to dry. I changed into my gray sweatpants and put on a red tank top. I walked out of the bathroom and plugged my phone in to charge.

I was so tired and I had a huge day tomorrow. I thought about how seventh grade was going to be, and I was really nervous. I kept thinking about what to do about Hayes and my parents, but soon I started to drift off to sleep leaving all my problems behind.