Chapter 16

Authors note:

Okay, major news. I met my queen on Friday.

I met Andrea Russett. I literrly felt like I was going to start crying and I kind of did. However Andrea was the nicest person and she was so sweet and pretty and so yeah.

A bunch of my friends got to meet her too so it's pretty awesome.

Okay and also 20,000 freakin reads!! I think I'm going to explode. This is so amazing and I never thought that it would happen.

Soo, it would mean a lot to me if you could maybe please answer the questions I ask in my chapters. You don't have too but it would mean so much to me.

Okay we'll would you guys be intrested to learn more about me or nah?

We'll I love you all sooo much,

-Ashley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sounds of beeping and the bright lights coming from the machines surrounding me.

I tried to sit up but was forced back down due to the blaring pain shooting through my head. I looked around and realized that I was in a dingy hospital room.

I couldn't remember what happened or more imp

Soon a man wearing a white lab coat who I assumed was the doctor

"Good your awake. You took quite a spill earlier." He told me. "Do you remember what happened to you?" He asked me as I gave him a confused look.

"Who am I?"

Hayes's P.O.V

Everything that happened over the past few hours have been my fault.

Me getting mad at Claire, my fault. Me hitting Claire and having her fall down the stairs, my fault. Claire cracking her skull open, my fault. Possibly have loosing Claire forever, my fault.

Everything that was even the slightest bit possible of Claire and me ending up together ended.

Claire has always been my everything and I can't even imagine my life without her. I remember tape first day that I met her

**FLASH BACK**

NINE YEARS AGO

I hoped out of the moving van grabbing my toy race car that was my most prized thing that I owned. I put my race car in the ground as I helped grab small boxes to carry into our new house. After going back and forth into the house carrying small boxes full of socks and t-shirts I got to take a break.

I ran outside expecting to see my toy car sitting outside waiting for me.Instead I saw a pink dress with little cupcakes on it. It was a girl.

I ran up to her and pulled one of her pig tails that reached to her mid back.

She spun around and I looked at her with shock, since inside her hands were my red race car.

"That's my car." I yelled at her.

"Hey, I have an idea. If I beat you down to the mail boxes than I get to have your race car." She suggested.

"When I win, what do I get?" I asked her.

She scrunched her face as she thought. "You can have my hair bow, it's my favourite thing." She said as she unclipped her hair bow from the strap of her dress.

"Deal. 3,2,1." I yelled and we raced off.

When we reached the mail box, I beat her by three steps and I could tell that she was really upset.

"Good job, here." She said with sorrow in her voice.

"Here, you can have my car." I told her as I handed it to her that little pouty face turned into a pretty smile.

"I'm Claire, I think we're going to be good friends." She told me.

"I'm Hayes. Your my new best friend and don't you forget it." I told her as I pulled her into a hug.

**END OF FLASH BACK**

That day I'll always remember, since it was the day that I met my soul mate. I looked down in my hand to see the little pink bow sitting in my hand.

Back then Claire was my everything and she still is. Why did I have to become so stupid?

Now I'm not even allowed to see Claire considering I caused the accident and I'm not immediate family. I'm not even sure if Claire is alive.

I could have just killed Claire. I could be a murder. I could have lost not only the girl I'm in love, but my best friend.

"Hayes." Nash says as he brings me a cup of water from the hospital cafeteria. "Don't worry, everything is going to be okay."

"No it's not, I might have just killed Claire. She could be gone forever and I can't do anything to help her." I was shaking and the tears rushing down my face started to blur my vision.

"It's okay Hayes. Claire woke up a few minutes ago." He told me.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I have to see her." I yelled as I threw the water on the ground racing through the halls looking for Claire's room.

I finally found a room with the doctor that was working on Claire in room 3b.

I bursted into the room and saw Claire sitting strait up being sucked in by what ever the doctor was talking about.

"I'm sorry son but you'll have to leave." The doctor told me as he walked towards me.

"Thank god your okay. I'm so sorry for what I did. I love you." I told Claire before being ushered out.

"Who are you?" She asked me.

Claire's P.O.V

While my doctor Dr. Anderson educated me about my injury some boy walked in.

"Thank god your okay. I'm so sorry for what I did. I love you." He told me, but all I could say was who are you.

Once the boy got out of the room and Dr. Anderson and I got comfortable I learned who the boy was.

Apparently he caused the accident and it was all because of a stupid little argument and a stupid little flight of stairs.

My doctor told me that my memory might come back, but I could also take this as a chance to change who I was.

I wasn't sure if he was serious, but maybe I could change who I was.

After a few more hours of talking Dr. Anderson had to go and he has my dad come in.

"Oh sweetheart, are you okay?"He asked me.

"I'm fine, but I have one question. Who was I and what was my life like ." I asked him.

My dad told me almost everything about my life and I came to one decision.

I needed a chance to be the person I wanted to be. Maybe this was my chance to become the person I always wanted to be and leave everything that has happened in the past.

I need a change and that's what's I'm gonna do.