48. Trust

Following their clean escape from being noticed by the Secretary of Defense Eric Wall, Sigma and Swift arrive to their home on Furea Isle where Jarred is waiting for them patiently.

"Papa!" Mei Ling says the moment she sees Jarred on the living room sofa.

She then rushes after him and leaps into his arms.

"Hey kiddo. I figured you went off to find your uncle." Jarred

"Where's your dangerous half, Shinigami?" Kenshin says then removes his mask.

"You're really content with that name eh?... She's upstairs getting ready for a bath. Why don't you go and join her Ling Ling?" Jarred asks rubbing Mei Ling's head.

"Ok!" Mei Ling

Mei Ling performs a series of flips over the couch, up the stairs and runs down the hall.

"Should've named her flip..." Kenshin

"No kidding. Now, onto more pressing matters." Jarred says pointing in the kitchen.

Kenshin looks in to see Ayda rise up from behind of the counter with a look of concern on her face.

"Was wondering what happened to you... Why are you in the kitchen of all places?.. In your, under ware no less." Kenshin

"I was about to take a bath myself but got thirsty and came down for a drink. Quit starring and turn away already!" Ayda

"Ssshhhh!! If she hears you then it'll be then end of us all. Mainly me since you implemented me in this. Please keep your voices down." Jarred says while shaking out of fear.

"Relax... Joo, escort Ayda to a discreet room out of Allana's radar please and... Find her something to wear." Kenshin

Moeru Joo instantly appears next to Kenshin.

"As you wish my king." Moeru Joo

Moeru Joo then begins to walk past the stairs and an embarrassed Ayda would follow.

"And just so you know I only knew you were here because you tripped my silent alarm. That's why I messeged you and that's why you're apart of this." Kenshin

"... That just tells me that fate is a cruel mistress..... Here." Jarred says then picks up a folder and hands it to Kenshin.

"A case? You don't bring these unless..." Kenshin suddenly paused the moment he opens and sees what's inside the folder.

"Unless we can't handle it in a normal fashion." Jarred

Kenshin looks at pictures of human stone carcasses, some broken, some intact and a dark blurry picture of an unknown creature.

"Well this is different." Kenshin says flipping through the pages.

"For you maybe, but I know exactly what that is. And so does Jiyu." Jarred

"Jiyu?" Kenshin

Almost instantly upon mention of her name Jiyu appears with a look of despair on her face. Kenshin has never seen the easy going laze about Jiyu in such a state. Kenshin gently rests his hand on Jiyu's cheek witch snaps her out of her daze.

"Are you alright?" Kenshin

She turns her head to Kenshin and looks into his eyes.

"I.. Sorry I.." Jiyu

"It's alright Jiyu. I can feel you blocking your mind. Just let me see for myself." Kenshin

Jiyu begins to bite her lip as she deeply thinks about letting Kenshin in.