Mirrors - Aren't You Something

Ao3
By ohioinmymind
Summary:
Liam and Louis are a couple of rich kids, with no care in the world. Zayn doesn't care about anything but skating and Liam. Harry wants Louis to see him for what he really is; a good guy. And Niall just wishes they would all get their shit together.

Warning: there is some Lilo in this but it's very brief. Also this has 8 chapters.

Louis does not love Liam. He doesn't.

Well, okay he loves Liam, but he isn't in love with Liam.

Ew, that's like, incest.

But he can't say much because that's what he's been doing for the latter 4 years of his life; pretending to be in love with Liam.

Liam's hot, obviously' because Louis would certainly never date an ugly person. Not that he's shallow or anything, but Louis' friends are all beautiful, Liam included, and the oppritunity has never risen.

Okay, maybe he is shallow.

Whatever.

With who Louis is, who his parents are, he can afford to be shallow.

Liam, however, is not shallow. Liam dates whoever he wants, and he has a certain attraction to bad boys. Liam doesn't care if they're bottom of the barrel or at the top of society; if they treat him like dirt and let him fuck them into the matress, he's fine.

Like Liam's father, Louis doesn't see the appeal. He'll often steer clear of Liam's boytoy of the month and hold his hand in public so Liam's dad doesn't take his car keys away. His dad isn't strict, just picky. He thinks Liam has a reputation to uphold, and he doesn't want him ruining it. Translation: he has a reputation and he doesn't want Liam ruining it. No, he doesn't care if he's gay, but he has to be shoing his dick up the ass of someone who has class.

Louis will never understand that.

He remembers when they were both fourteen and reckless, sneaking wine coolers from Louis' mum's bar and sipping them by the pool before inviting all their classmates over. Liam had been attatched at the mouth with some tattooed guy who was the ripe old age of seventeen. Louis was swimming in the pool with Nick and El, but he'd noticed Liam, just didn't pay him any attention.

Someone had yelled that Louis' parents were home, but he knew that wasn't true, they were out of the country for a few more days at least, so he stayed in the corner of the pool, bottle in one hand and Nick's dick in the other. He was excellent at multi-tasking.

He heard more than saw Liam's dad drag him out of the pool by his armpits. The other guy, Andy, Louis thinks, tucked tail and scurried off before Geoff could catch him and everyone else dispersed; leaving Louis and Liam alone with a very pissed off Mr. Payne.

After that, Geoff had told Liam if he ever embarrassed him again, he'd be shipped off to public school for his troubles. And Louis' dad had agreed, telling him that Nick Grimshaw's parents were in debt, and what would people think if he was romantically involved with someone like that.

Public school. Even the mention of such a horrible place made Louis and Liam shudder, their hearts stopping in their tracks; so they vowed to be on their best behavior.

And that's how they ended up dating.

Louis suggested it one night when they were smoking up in Liam's bedroom, the both of them high off their asses, giggling and having the time of their lives. Liam laughed at the idea, but the next morning he told Louis it wasn't such a bad idea, so they ran with it.

They sucked it up and kissed in front of their parents a week later; it was nice. Liam was a good kisser, he'd had enough expreience. And the way he held Louis face when he drew him in made Louis feel loved and appreciated, even if it wasn't real in the slightest. It worked.