Mirrors- I Don't Want To Lose You Now

Chapter 7

"Hurry up, Lou."

Liam pounded his fists on the door a couple more times. He's standing around in his boxers because he left his jeans in the bathroom when he got out of the shower. At the moment, Louis was taking his time, deliberately trying to drag out the process of doing his hair, and putting on his clothes. Liam couldn't decipher what had gotten into him; cold feet, he assumed. It was just like him to change his mind at the drop of a pin, but Liam didn't garner it too serious to fret about.

"This is a big day for me," Louis says through the door. "And my hair won't cooperate. Not to mention my best trousers are in that damn suitcase."

"It's your fault for packing every pair of pants you own in that thing."

Liam sat on the bed and checked his phone for messages. Zayn had texted him earlier, when the sun was still to bright for Liam and Louis' hangover had reared it's head for the both of them to deal with, seeing as Liam was an excellent friend and Louis was a big baby. Liam told him they would be leaving for the cabin at around six, the reason being that they'd gotten a late start and hadn't rolled out of bed until late in the afternoon. Zayn had sent a cheeky text back, saying he had a surprise for Liam. He was excited, to say the least. Now if he could only get Louis to come out from hiding.

"It was only eight pairs," Louis informs him.

"I thought it was five."

Liam can hear him sigh through the thick wood of the door. "You were out of the room and I couldn't decide between white, salmon, teal and tangerine..."

"So you shoved them all in the bag," Liam finishes. He shouldn't be nearly as surprised as he is, Louis is always going overboard where clothes are concerned. The extra add-on to his closet speaks for itself.

"I did not stuff them in there," he huffs at Liam. "Do you know what creases will do to a pair of skinny capris—?"

Liam gets up from the bed and travels over to Louis' closet. "No, and I don't care," he says, rifling through Louis' closet for any pair of pants he could have left over here, that weren't already in the suitcase an hour out of town or in the bathroom with Louis. "Just come out of the bathroom."

He breathes a heavy sigh of relief when he notices a pair of jeans that are a little out of date, but he thinks they should fit. He takes them to Louis' room and tosses them on the bed, going back to the door to plead with Louis.

"What if Harry—"

"Stop," Liam cuts in, "We talked about this; you're going to be fine."

Louis voice is high pitched and a bit on the whiny side. Liam can hear him rattling around in there, messing with different bottles of hair products and repeatedly splashing water on his face. "You don't know that."

"I do."

He scoffs. "How?"

Liam smiles as he remembers the first time he told Zayn he loved him, it wasn't too long ago, but it seemed like ages ago now. He felt like he's loved Zayn for as long as he could remember, even if it was only several months ago that he turned around in class to see that stubbled chin and those dark eyes, sprinkling with mischief and interest.

He can distinctly recall the way the nerves jumbled up his process of speech and thought, how they made him question things that were so silly in their level of concern. "Because you feel like shit right now," he says, leaning against the door with his shoulder, "but I promise once you see him; once his face lights up when he sees you and he hugs you and kisses you, and tells you how glad he is that you're back, all your doubts will be gone."