i crumble completely when you cry

Ao3
By: ghostrider
Summary: Niall screws up with a psychic who puts a curse on him – "You'll suffer," she says. And he flips her off, because what a crazy ass woman is she? Stupid, old hag. The next day, however, he wakes up, badly hungover, to find his four best mates falling apart all around him.

(aka where each boy loses one of his senses: zayn can't see, liam can't speak, harry can't feel, niall can't taste and louis can't smell)

(Side note: the author of this knows that speaking isn't one of the five senses- Michelle)
💁‍♀️🛢💁‍♀️🛢💁‍♀️🛢💁‍♀️🛢💁‍♀️🛢💁‍♀️🛢💁‍♀️🛢💁‍♀️🛢💁‍♀️

(niall)

There is utter chaos in his head, a battle raging on. And it hurts, oh god, it hurts. He flutters his eyes open, only to be blinded by a bright light, which stings his eyes causing the lids to fall shut again. He curses in his pillow, trying to block every speck of light that is trying to fall on his face; this is without doubt, the worst hangover of all time.

He rolls over, groaning when he literally falls out his bed, landing on the floor with a thud. Standing up, he drags himself towards the bathroom and it feels like he is walking with a ton of bricks on his head, like his legs would give away any second. Maybe, he went over his drinking limit last night. Maybe, he got more smashed than he has ever got. It's all mere speculation though, because to be honest, he doesn't have the slightest idea of what went down last night.

He throws open the cabinet above the sink, once he is standing in front of the bathroom mirror, eyeing the red marks all over his neck. It looks like he did have a nice time after all, but with whom, that he can figure out later. He pops two Advils in his mouth, retrieving them from a small bottle that he had pulled out the cabinet. Placing the bottle back inside, he bends down, gulping a mouthful of water straight from the tap and swallowing the tablets with it. He splashes water on his face, takes a piss and makes extra effort in brushing his teeth. He doesn't need a forensics team to tell him that his breath stinks of booze.

Scuffing his way back to his bed, he plops down on the edge, his feet on the floor and his head buried in his hands. He presses his palms against his forehead, trying to recall events from last night. He vaguely remembers the club he had been in, a number of people swaying around him. Pints and pints of alcohol being shoved into his hands by his friends, whose faces are now nothing but a hazy blur. A car ride, a lot of hooting and shouting through the windows. Being followed by fans, escaping to a nearby heavily crowded carnival. Running around wildly, maybe even jumping on a few rides, too smashed to even care. The vivid, suddenly striking, image of a woman with a smile so crooked and a face so wrinkled. Too many strings with beads around her head, her neck and her wrists. He wants to remember who she is and why her image is so vivid and bright behind his eyelids but he can't. He thinks she has an important part to play in whatever happened last night, but he just can't place her-

His pondering is cut short by a loud shriek that flows in through the doorway. The high pitch of that scream tells him it's Zayn, the nature of the scream is such that it petrifies him to the core. And he is on his feet, rushing out his room's door.

—-

(zayn)

There is a familiar heavy weight above him, pressing him into the mattress, that causes him to wake up. The moment he opens his eyes though, he is succumbed into darkness. Which he is very glad about because if there is no sunlight invading his room, it's still night and he still has a lot of time to sleep and that is just brilliant! Because he has ten days off of their tour, and all he wants to do during the ten days is sleep, finish watching the latest season of Game Of Thrones, draw and paint, sleep some more, make out with Liam as much as he can, have sex with Liam as much as he can, cuddle with Liam as much as he can and sleep on Liam as much as he can.