Picture Perfect

Ao3
By: zayniekins
Summary: Inspired by Liam and Zayn mirroring each other's selfies.

Aka the one where Liam discovers Zayn's Instagram by accident, tries to copy some of his poses, gets caught which initiates a selfie war and the fluff and smut that comes in between.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The moment that he was out of view of the audience, Liam let out a huge sigh of relief. The adrenaline from performing was still in his veins and he shifted from one foot to the other as he waited for it to wear off. Sweat trickled down his back and his shirt clung to his skin. Liam couldn't wait to shower and get back to his hotel room for some good night's sleep.

The star ticked off tonight as one more night in which he managed to entertain his fans. This was his umpteenth show outside of England but he was jittery with nerves as if it was the first time. He was worried that he might not live up to the fans' expectations or something could go wrong with the fireworks they set up or his microphone or the sound system. However, the crowd was welcoming, the screams were loud, everything went on track and everyone had a good time.

As soon as he was backstage, Liam was ushered into his dressing room by a few stagehands. Although the show was over, there were still a lot of people backstage. They were in charge of packing up the equipment and making sure everything was secure before leaving.

"You have ten minutes," Paddy said when Liam entered the room. The bodyguard checked his phone for the time before adding, "We need to get out of here as soon as possible." The solo artist nodded in response, already knowing the routine and the bodyguard left, closing the door behind him.

Liam took off his shirt and discarded it on the sofa in his dressing room. He felt icky with sweat and decided to take a quick shower. He would take a proper bath later at the hotel room. After showering and toweling off, Liam slipped into a muscle tank and a pair of sweatpants. He also wore a hoodie in case it was freezing outside.

After collecting his belongings that consisted of his phone and wallet, Liam got out of the room. He followed Paddy to the exit. As soon as he stepped outside, Liam could hear the screaming of the fans and was blinded by flashes of light from their phone cameras. Paddy's assuring hand on his back guided him to the van.

Being the kind person he was, Liam stopped for a few selfies and autographs. However, time was ticking and they were on a schedule. Paddy had to interrupt a couple of times and remind Liam that he needed his rest. Thankfully, the fans understood and let him go albeit reluctantly.

Liam got into the van and waved before the door was closed. After that, the popstar let out a heavy sigh. He loved his fans to the moon and back but they wore him out sometimes with their enthusiasm. Sometimes, Liam would wonder about what they see in him. He was just 22 year-old Liam James Payne whose talent managed to be uncovered by Simon Cowell at a bar on one night and was offered a record deal soon after.

It had been two years since that fateful night and Liam's life did a full 180. He was an international star now with two hit albums under his belt that both debuted at number one on various charts, a third one coming on its way that promised a new older sound and an ever-growing fanbase. Liam could never go back and be the same Wolverhampton kid he was, no matter how hard he tried. However, that didn't stop him from bringing the essence of that kid with him.

Although he was a pretty big deal, Liam never let the fame get to his head. The Wolverhampton man reminded himself to be humble on many occasions. Not only would his mom berate him if he ever grew cocky and arrogant, Liam also knew that his fans could go from loving him to hating him in a split second so he made sure to always be kind to them and to thank them always. They were partially the reason why he was this big of a star anyway.