(25)

Your POV
I walked back out of the bathroom all dressed and ready to find Jonathan sat on the bed on his phone. His facial expression seemed confused - I wasn't able to recognise it. -

"Jon? What's wrong babe?" I asked a little timidly.

Jon looked up and drew his attention to me. "Oh, um. Nothing. Don't worry love."

I hung my towel up and walked up to Jon, taking a seat next to him.

"But I do worry. It's my job to worry."

Jon gave me a crooked and weak smile before looking back down at his phone screen. He let out a little sigh and begun to speak.

"It's your brother. He messaged me." Jon finally said.

Jonathan turned his phone screen around so I could read the message. It read,

Alex: I know you're with my sister, you asshole. I want her back home now.

My weak smile had dropped and a tight and uneasy feeling crossed my stomach. Jonathan frowned and put his phone on the side.

"I'm sorry Jonathan. I'm sorry he's like this. I'm sorry for causing you so much hassle. It's all my fault." I quietly spoke with a croak in my voice.

"Babygirl. It's not your fault he's like this. Alex is just trying to protect you. He's just a little over protective of you."

"I don't need protecting though! I don't need to be protected from you. Why can't he see that I love you? And you love me?" I said, my eyes beginning to fill with frustration and sadness.

"I don't know. But it's not your fault, and I promise things will get better soon." Jonathan calmly spoke; assuring me a little.

"I need to go. Please don't come with me. Alex will be mad at you. I don't want him starting on you."

Jonathan smiled weakly. "Come here baby." He said, pulling me into a tight and comforting hug.

His breath hit the back of my neck and sent chills down my spine. He's everything I want. He's everything I need.

"We're going to need to cover those marks up on your neck. Don't want Alex seeing those. He'll be pissed." Jonathan slightly giggled behind my neck, brightening the mood a little.

I sighed and broke the hug. "Alright."

I slowly and nervously opened the door to my house, taking deep and heavy breaths. Alex was sat there on the sofa with an angry expression on his face.

"Well. What do you have to say?"

"What do you mean? Me staying at Jonathan's?"

"So you did. I told you not to see him!" Alex said, raising his voice a little.

"I'm not even going to bother with this. What kind of brother does this? What happened to you Alex? Why are you so against your best friend!?" I yelled.

Alex sat there almost shocked at what I'd just said. He seemed speechless and unable to speak.

"I'm leaving. Come find me when you finally find the courage to apologise to me and Jonathan. Until then, I won't be coming back and seeing you." I angrily said and left the house.