1st chapter

Boxes. Everywhere around me, on the ground, on the desk, and on the sofa, it was my third day in a new city and there were still boxes full of my unpacked things.

The only thing in my refrigerator was an orange juice. Perfect time for shopping. Still sleepy, I opened one of the upper kitchen cabinets and reached for a glass I struck my finger on the cold glass, but I couldn't reach it because I'm only 5'5, I stood on my toes, and with a loud yelp I tried to get the cup, which eventually I did. I poured the juice into my cup and dumped the empty box into the basket.

At first, I was not sure if the sound I heard was caused by an explosion, or something worse, but it scared the shit out of me. The glass slipped out of my hand and shattered on the wooden floor. Then, I heard the first tones of the song "Baby" by Justin Bieber and I realized that my considerations were wrong. No terrorist, just an enthusiastic fan who decided to wake up the whole building. Someone's about to meet the morning me, the arrogant side of me.

I brushed my teeth, and only in my underwear and loose t-shirt, I ran out of my apartment heading to the apartment next to me that I identified as the source of Justin's singing. I knocked violently at the door, waiting impatiently for someone to open the door. I was prepared for everything; the crazy thirteen, year old fan planning Justin's kidnapping, on a guy in his 20s who is trying to act and look like Justin and even an elderly woman who desperately wants to return to a time when she was a crazy teenager, but as it turned out, I was definitely not prepared for everything.

Dark eyes and a seductive smile.

He ran through his hair and glanced at me curiously. ,,Hey." For a moment, I forgot how to breath and I just stared at him, lost for words. Ethan Dolan, one of the guys everyone was talking about recently, stood there, smiling, trying to act lik an ordinary guy. I mean he is an ordinary guy but you know what I'm trying to say. He was literally everywhere, everyone was talking about him and eveyone wanted to either be him or be with him.

"You-" I hissed and pointed my finger into his chest. He raised his eyebrows and grinned. "I'm Ethan, if you did not know by any chance." He grabbed my hand and kissed it slightly, blinking in surprise I pulled my hand back to my body, "What the hell are you doing ?!" I rolled my eyes. I wasn't one of their fans, but I admit that I had been drooling over the pictures of the boys before. I barely knew their names, but the one thing I knew for sure was that they were hot as fuck.  "Meeting my new neighbor? I'm just guessing."

"How can I help you? " He wondered, leaning back on the door's frame. Within a second I recovered and put on an indifferent expression. "Maybe by silencing the freaking song, I've broken one of my glasses, and that's enough!" I said, "Who's frowning here?" Ethan smirked amusedly, which made me even more mad. "Could you do that for me?" I crossed my arms. He shrugged and didn't bother to answer, "Are you usually dressed like that at home, if so, I would love to come over sometime" He winked at me, and I realized that I was standing in front of him only in a short T-Shirt and black lacy panties. "Just turn down the god damn music!" I yelled and quickly went back to my apartment, red like a tomato.

The discovery that the Dolan Twins live next door for some reason has made me so confused that I just stared at the pyramid of the boxes in the middle of the living room for a few minutes, trying to figure out what are they doing here? Shouldn't they be living in a luxury villa with a huge garden and swimming pool? So many questions and no answers.

-

I smiled happily and hung the last picture in its place. "Perfect."
I moved into the living room, where three more shelves were waiting to be hanged. The first plug dipped easily into a hole that had been drilled beforehand and so did the three other. I thanked for being born with at least the minimal skills and ability to take care of myself. "Where are you? Come to your mommy." I mumbled desperately looking for a spirit level. I was sure it was somewhere there, but where? My search was interrupted by a knock on the door. I straightened and frowned uncertainly, I wasn't expecting anyone. With a hesitant step, I headed for the door and took a baseball bat from one box. I pressed the crank, grabbed the bat with both hands, and pushed the door to my feet. "Chill! Chill!" Ethan scowled, stepping back, raising his hands in a defensive gesture, "I won't kill you, trust me." He assured me. I rolled my eyes and put down my bat. "And do?" I sighed. "Blender" I raised my eyebrows. "Do you mean seriously, or do you mean one night stand?" He grinned, "Are you that type of girl?" He was interested. "No."

"In that case, I'll just take the blender, please." He grinmef. "What makes you think I have o e?" I frowned. "And don't you?"

"I do. But look for it yourself." I stepped out of the door so he could walk in. "Wow, you have a decent mess here." Ethan assessed the situation in my apartment, "No shit. I can't wait to watch you try to find the blender." I chuckled and returned to the search for the spirit level. "What's your name?" There was Ethan's voice coming from behind the walls of the boxes. "Jasmin." I answered him and decided to risk, I gave up looking for the spirit level hoping I hang the shelves straight. "And when did you move in?" He asked, "Why do you care?" I cut off. "Well, sorry, but I do. I want to know who I'm borrowing the blender from." He stood up, but his face was a faint expression, he was obviously enjoying this. I sighed and gave him a small smile against my own will." Three days ago." I replied briefly. "From where?" He continued his questioning. "From uh..um.. Pasadena." He admired whistling and got up from behind the boxes carrying my blender. "And why?" I raised my eyebrows and gave him the expression of the type, 'seriously?' "That's none of your business." I hissed. "Sure, sorry." He smiled exclaimingly, and shifted his legs from one foot to another: "Thanks for the neighbor's blender, I'll be back." He promised and headed for the door. "Oh ... I almost forgot ..." He turned to me with a provocative grin. "... that shirt is transparent, not that I complain." He winked at me and slammed the door behind me to escape the flying pillow that I threw at him

••

"Bad bitch, cute face and some nice titties
$7500 on a Saint Laurent jacket
Bitch, be careful when you dumpin' your ashes"
I turned off the shower and listened to the singing coming from behind the bathroom wall. Damn, if he could at least sing. "I got 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 M's in my bank account, yeah  in my bank account." Cocky much? I reached for the towel, wrapped in it and carefully climbed out of the shower, but I stopped in the middle of the step. "Are you kidding me?" I mumbled.
"Ethan?!" I shouted uncertainly. "Yes?" He answered without hesitation. I was sure she was amused . "How can I hear you over the wall?!" I didn't understand and I didn't like it a bit! "You can hear me?" He sounded surprised, hard to say if he was joking or serious. "No." I said sarcastically. He laughed and knocked on the wall "And can you hear that?" I rolled my eyes and reached for the blow dryer.

I dried my hair, and without any further adjustments just pulled into a bun. I could hear the  sound of running water from Ethan's bathroom and fortunately he was no longer singing.

-

With a loud growling noise in my stomach, I was running around the apartment for half an hour, trying to find the car keys, which, like a cell phone and a lot of other things, was on the missing list.

I eventually found my phone in the sink and just hoped they didn't lie about it being waterproof. I gave up the hope that I would see the keys again and decided to go shopping without my car. Desperate people are just making desperate and often stupid decisions. I slipped into a leather jacket, grabbed my purse, and with a mood beneath the dog I left my apartment, which now resembled a warehouse. I went out in front of the house and my gaze fell on a silver Mercedes, parked in front of the front door, which, until I find the keys, was condemned to stand there. And then I thought ...