Together again

The minute Dreadwing flew in behind Knockout, he was attacked.

"You dare come back aboard my ship!" Megatron sneered. Their blades clashing against each other.

"Where is Shelby?" Dreadwing snapped.

"I'll just kill you again and you can find out." Megatron bellowed.

Megatron reached up with his sword. Dreadwing went for a kick to his abdomen. Unfortunately for Dreadwing, Megatron was faster and brought his sword on Dreadwing's leg. Severing his leg. It wasn't cut clean off. Only hanging by a few wires. Knockout ran to him, immediately starting to solder him back together.

"Knockout! What are you doing?" Megatron dared him.

"Get off of me Knockout!" Growled Dreadwing. He shoved him off. Megatron stood in front of Dreadwing, towering over him.

"What are your last words?" He calmly asked. Megatron put his sword away and switched to his blaster.

'Its happening all over again' thought Dreadwing, 'Except this time I failed to save someone I care about.'

"My liege, before you kill him, wouldn't you like to know how Shelby was able to bring him back. She has yet to recreate it on some of the other vehicons. This might help her to remember better." Knockout intervened.

He didn't want to admit it, but he had grown to care for the girl as well. He knew she wouldn't last on the ship much longer if she found out that Dreadwing did parish. This is what's been keeping her alive and he knew it. He had watched her grow into a deep depression. She wasn't eating, barely moving around unless told to. The first time he saw her smile since she came aboard was when she got the suit. But he watched that quickly vanish as it came at the thought of Dreadwing. Megatron looked at him with anger and confusion but then he nodded.

"You are right, Knockout. Send him into med bay and start collecting data from him. Make sure he is chained down and keep a close watch on him." With that Megatron left the bridge.

The vehicons dragged Dreadwing to the med bay. Lucky for them, he had passed out due to energon loss. Knockout came in behind them and stood in the back. Watching them chain him to the operating table.

"Knockout, make sure Shelby knows we have him. I want her to know what could happen if she tries to make any new device she makes to fail. That Dreadwing will not make it out alive and neither will she." Megatron commed into Knockout's ear.

"Yes...My liege." He was confused.

'Shelby's making the devices fail? How is that possible?' He thought to himself. His servo up to his face, thinking hard about it. He then decided to go get her and ask her about it. He walked eagerly to Shelby's quarters. There were many questions coming to his mind. What didn't she tell him? Would she tell him? He got to her room and walked in. Not even bothering to knock.

She was standing in front of her wardrobe. Her back to the door. She was searching for something to wear. Her wet hair trailing down her naked and scared back. The only thing she had on was a thin black thong and a pair of knee high black and pink stripped socks. She heard the door open and someone come in. She immediately grabbed a long sleeve shirt and pulled it over her. She wasn't quick enough, Knockout still noticed the scars that littered her body. Specifically the long deep dark scar that lined down her back. It started at her left shoulder blade the curved down to her left side, ending just above her hip. Knockout was taken aback by the scar and also that she was partially naked when he walked in. He mentally kicked himself, he knew he should of knocked. She stared up at him, knowing he saw. He had the same look anyone did when they saw the scar.

"Knockout, why didn't you knock?" She asked quietly and nervously.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. I...I. Dreadwing is here. He came though our ground bridge looking for you." He couldn't think clearly.

He had been angry at her, now he was sad for her. He wanted to know about the scar, but he also wanted to know about what Megatron had said. Her face seemed to light up and the sound of his name being said. She ran and put on a pair of gray skinny jeans and put her hair in a ponytail. She stood at the ledge waiting for Knockout to come get her.

"Knockout!" She yelled. Getting his attention, he put his servo out for her to climb on. Which she didn't hesitate to do.

"Are you okay?" She asked as he walked them down the halls to the med bay.

"What? I'm fine. Just been a long day." He lied. He just didn't want to crush her spirit with asking her about the scar and what Megatron said.

They walked into the med bay silently. The smile Shelby had put on her face, expecting to see the one thing she couldn't get her mind off of, vanished into thin air. There he lay out cold, energon leaking from multiple wounds on his body. She gasps at the sight of his left leg, hanging on by a few wires. It broke her heart to see him like this.

"What happened to him?" She growled, "Why is he hurt?"

Knockout was afraid to tell her.

"Knockout, tell me." Its almost like she read his mind.

"He flew in behind me through the ground bridge. Megatron was ready for him and immediately attacked him. I'm sorry, Shelby. The only way I could save him was convincing Megatron to keep him so you could remember how you brought him and recreate it on others. I'll get started fixing his leg." Knockout put her on top of Dreadwings chassis.

She crawled closer to his helm and stared at him.

"I'm so sorry, Dreadwing,. I've been trying to escape, I've been making sure you or the Autobots got hurt or worse. I'm sorry. I've missed you so much and now I finally get to be with you again. I'll fix you, just like before. Don't you worry." She whispered into his audio receptor. She curled up in next to his neck. Her face in her hands, trying so hard not to cry. Knockout heard her sniffle and was right next to her.

"Are you alright?" He asked quietly.

"No, Knockout. I'm not fine. The one I care about most is on a medical table about to die again and I don't know what to do anymore. I have been holding on hoping to see him again and now when I finally do. Its on his death bed." She finally let go. Let the tears fall. She couldn't hold it in anymore. "I've lost everyone I've loved in the past 10 years. My entire family was murdered. Half my squad was killed in action. And now just when I thought things were looking up for me. I'm about to lose someone I didn't even know I needed." She cried.

"Please don't cry." a hoarse voice called out. Shelby lifted her head up and turn.

"Dreadwing?" She said wiping away a few lone tears.

"I'm here and I'll never leave you again." He comforted her.

A smile grew on her face. She turned around and hugged him the best way that she could. He brought his servo up and used a digit to try and rub her back. Trying his best to calm her down.

"I missed you so much, Dreadwing." She confessed.

"I missed you too, small one." He gave her a smile. A real smile.

"While you two have your moment, I'm going to fix your leg." Knockout interrupted.

"I guess a thanks are in order." Dreadwing started.

"For what?" asked Knockout.

"Saving my life." Dreadwing finished.

"I did it for Shelby. You should thank her." Knockout continued with his work, not looking over at Dreadwing and Shelby.

Dreadwing couldn't get a good look at the girl. She was still in the crook of his neck. No words were said between them. Nothing needed to be said.