Chapter Ten

Erika POV: Today was the big day. In fact, It was the biggest day of my life thus far. Nothing this exciting has ever happened to me. It was also the day of many firsts. My first time meeting Jake. My first time filming for the show. My first time wearing designer clothes. My first time being more than average; my first time being "important". While it was exciting, it was also nerve racking. All of the big news outlets would be covering the show, and millions of people would be watching. One wrong move and I would be slandered by everyone. I could only hope that Isa's training would come through. I take a deep breath and climb out of my bed to go get ready. I head to the dressing room, and as I open the door, I'm hit with the smell of hairspray, perfume and sweat. All of the contestants were in the room; pulling on dresses, fixing their hair and doing their makeup-all with the help of several assistants; of course. I'm quickly rushed into the process, and soon find myself sitting in a chair; fussed over by a hairstylist, makeup artist and wardrobe consultant all at the same time. After they all finish fixing me up, they usher me to a nearby mirror. I raise my eyebrows in surprise as I stare at my reflection. I look like someone I had never looked like before. I looked...elegant. My hair was sleek and shiny, my makeup was classy and I had to admit-I looked great in the tight black Givenchy dress they had given me. I turn to my assistants. "Wow you guys really outdid yourself. Usually I look like I crawled out of the gutter or something." "Are you serious?! You were stunning even before we did anything. I'm just surprised no guy has snagged you up yet!" exclaims my hairstylist. I could feel my heart drop. If only Anthony could see me now. He would have looked at me in the that special way. "What a pretty bird you are," he would have said. That's what he always said. But there was no time to think about Anthony right now. "Thanks again ladies," I say as I leave to go to the lobby. I look around and spot Tessa with some other girls in a corner. "Hey girl! You look gorgeous," I say as I take a seat next to her. She grins. "Thank you! So do you." I look to the other girls. "All of you look great! I'm Erika, by the way." "I'm Jenna," says one of the girls; a tall blonde. "Renee," says another; a curly haired brunette. "So who's ready to see Jake," Tessa interjects excitedly. "I'm so ready," replies a girl I recognized was named Lucy. She was very pretty, but also very gentle. I hoped Jake wouldn't take advantage of her. "Okay everyone, the limos are here! Time to go to the estate," yells Isa. The room is immediately filled with excited chatter. We all exit the lobby and climb into the limos. I find myself sitting by an unfamiliar brunette. "Hey," I say to her. She just looks me over, then turns away. Well, I knew there had to be a few bitchy girls on the show. I opt to stare out the window; and take in the night lights of Los Angeles. Surprisingly enough, no one talks during the ride to the estate. I guess we were all too nervous. "We're here!" exclaims the driver after we arrive at the estate gates. "From this point onwards, the cameras will be on for long periods of time. So watch what you do and say. Good luck, ladies!" and with that the limo doors open and I'm hit with the realization that we were already being filmed. There were lighting and camera equipment all over, and production assistants running around everywhere. I spot the host in the midst; interrogating various contestants about how they were feeling and doing. I try to avoid him, but I'm somehow pushed in his direction. "Hi, Chad here," he says as he shakes my hand. "So, how excited are you to meet Jake?" I think for a second. "I'm pretty excited. But I'm even more excited to see the mansion." Chad laughs. "You're the first girl to talk about something other than him." I chuckle. "I haven't even met the guy yet! You can't expect me to be gushing over someone I don't even know." He smiles. "Bold. I like that."