Chapter Twenty Two

Jake POV: We were all scattered around the garden enjoying the Italian lunch the chefs had prepared. I was walking around and chatting with all the girls; making sure I didn't make anyone feel ignored. As I finished talking to Jenna; I spotted Erika seated alone on a bench, yawning and practically half asleep. I chuckle, and go over to her. "Looks like someone is a little tired," I whisper near her ear. She jerks awake. "Shit, did I fall asleep? That's so embarrassing. And I just know that the cameras caught every second of me dozing off." I laugh. "You can bet on that." She smacks my arm. "Is this funny to you? You're the whole reason why I'm this tired. It's all because of your stupid walk." I shrug. "Hey, you chose to come. You didn't have to go if you didn't want to." She gives me a sarcastic look. "Don't act like you didn't beg me to go with you." "Erika, Erika please come because I'm such a baby and I can't walk alone at night," she says, intending to mock my voice. I smirk. "Don't act like you didn't love every second of it, because I know you did. And hey, where's my jacket?" She rolls her eyes. "Don't even get me started on that. Do you know how much trouble your jacket caused me? Tessa saw it and thought we slept together." I burst out laughing. "I wish." She smacks my arm. "Not funny! She literally started crying, so I had to tell her the truth about everything, including our little arrangement." "Did she believe you?" "Yeah, she did. Tessa's a great girl. You should really consider her as someone you could end up with." I shrug. "I don't know about that. Tessa's nice and all, but I don't feel anything when I'm with her." I didn't feel a fraction of what I felt when I was with Erika. "Well Jake, sometimes you don't realize that what you're looking for is right in front of you the whole time. So keep an open mind, and don't disregard anyone. Love has a way of sneaking up on you." I smile. Oh, if only Erika could take her own advice.