Chapter Sixteen

Jake POV: As I step out of the shower and dry off my hair, I couldn't stop thinking about this morning. Of course Erika already had a boyfriend. Some dude had to have snagged a girl like that. It hurt to hear, but there was nothing I could do. And so I went along with her arrangement, because at least it meant I could still talk to her. Even if only as a friend. Besides, there were plenty of girls; it was foolish to get so hung up on one of them. I finish getting ready, and head downstairs. Today we were having a group brunch in the boys mansion, and one contestant and I would have to cook a dish for everyone to eat. I had no idea how to cook, so this would be quite the challenge. It was also going to be my first date on the show. I decided on picking Elizabeth; she had talked about how much she loved to cook. As I entered the kitchen, a producer grabbed my arm. "Good morning Jake! So, who's doing the first date with you?" "Erika," I blurt out. Shit. I had meant to say Elizabeth, but the second I heard the word "date" my mind only thought of Erika. The producer smirked. "Erika, huh? Don't think we haven't noticed the...interesting conversations you two have." He winks, and runs off before I could correct myself. I gulp. I had no idea if she knew how to cook; and what would she think of me picking her after our agreement? This could be a huge disaster.

Erika POV: All of the girls were lounging around in the living room when Isa burst in. "Ladies, I have the first date card!" Immediately the room fills with anxious whispers. Isa tears open the envelope, and begins to read the card. "I think we all know that all you knead is love. So Erika, join me in the kitchen to see what we can cook up together? See you soon, Jake." Tessa squeals. "Erika, you're going on the first date!"